How much water do you drink?

In medieval times [and still in many parts of the world] water was usually dangerous to drink so people drank beer [can't be faulted] and they seemed to live ok [well until the pox/black death/lurgy got them]. So it really is fluid not water you need [and three cheers for beer - the savior of mankind :D]

We had a "water supply problem" in our area this morning. It didn't bother me in the slightest, although the animals were a bit miffed as to why their dishes were empty. Still, I had plenty of milk, and the mutt and one of the cats emptied the builders bucket out in the garden between them :D

I only use water in tea, coffee, or drinking chocolate, and then it has to be filtered and boiled. Once a week I have to take a tablet that can only be taken with water - for a couple of hours afterwards I feel decidedly ill, even though I use filtered and boiled water. The last time I had only a couple of sips of tap water, I was on medication for a fortnight and only narrowly avoided becoming an inpatient at our local hospital.

I'm curious, have you ever tried actual pure spring water? The real stuff that's usually pretty expensive.

I'm curious, have you ever tried actual pure spring water? The real stuff that's usually pretty expensive.
Yes, I have tried it. It was not very successful. I did have a glass of water with a meal in a restaurant once when the weather was very hot, but that was filtered water. Water does not agree with me at all. It makes my throat swell up, and if it touches my skin I get what I can only describe as a burn mark. There was a programme on TV about allergies one night, where someone mentioned that there were 35 people in the whole world that were allergic to water. By the time that programme had finished, they had had over 200 phone calls from people suffering from aquagenic urticaria, which has finally been recognised as a water allergy.

Do you drink water every day? I have to confess I rarely drink it on its own. I drink it in tea or occasionally coffee but that is all. I recently read a interview with a celebrity who said she drank two litres of water per day. I think she thought it was 'healthy'.

Is drinking water really 'healthy'? And how much water do you drink each day?
I really take more than 3litres of water a day

I average around 2 litres of plain water per day plus a litre or so in tea, it varies though depending on the weather and what I'm doing (I always have a pint glass for water on my desk during the week so it can be upto 3 litres per day during the week, but less at weekends). Supposedly being thirsty can confuse our bodies into thinking we're hungry, so if I'm hungry I'll often have a glass of water and see if the feeling goes away before deciding to eat something.

I really like the taste of plain water and I find things like squash too sweet to drink very much of them. Fruit juices are also not great due to the amount of sugar and I'm not a fan of milk as a drink. Luckily our tap water has a lovely taste (don't even need to use a filter to improve it) so its a convenient, cheap and calorie free drink :okay: I also always ask for tap water if we're in restaurants as I hate the waste that comes with bottled water.

I take a sports bottle of water to work every day and sometimes top it during the day, mostly in summer and I have a glass next to me on the coffee table when I am at home, sometimes have a diet coke or juice but mostly water.

Water is by far the best liquid that we can give to our bodies, as it is free of additives and calories. Even natural fruit juice can be bad for you if you drink too much of it, because of the high sugar content. Sports drinks and soda have lots of added sugars/syrup too so water is the best way to keep your body hydrated.

I religiously drink a big glass of warm water first thing in the morning, as that improves blood circulation (drinking hot water helps your arteries expand and carry blood more effectively), soothes the digestive tract and activates metabolism. I sometimes add a squeezed lemon to it for vitamin C and to give it some flavour.

Throughout the day, I try to drink at least 1l of water in addition to other fluids I might intake. I would practically have to live in the toilet if I drank more than 1.5l. Unfortunately, I think drinking water is an active choice - since it has no flavour it's not something most people would crave. A water bottle really helps I feel. I like this one that has markings - this is how much you should have by 11am, this is how much you should have by 5pm etc. Makes it feel like a competition and you really want to get there :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071GNK...t=&hvlocphy=1006993&hvtargid=pla-625646246632

Too much of it can shut your electrolytes down & kill you!!!! :eek:

Water doesn't shut your electrolytes down, but it can force your kidneys to function so much that your body is depleted of electrolytes. However, you would have a drink a HUGE amount of water for that to happen.

Water is by far the best liquid that we can give to our bodies, as it is free of additives and calories. Even natural fruit juice can be bad for you if you drink too much of it, because of the high sugar content. Sports drinks and soda have lots of added sugars/syrup too so water is the best way to keep your body hydrated.

I religiously drink a big glass of warm water first thing in the morning, as that improves blood circulation (drinking hot water helps your arteries expand and carry blood more effectively), soothes the digestive tract and activates metabolism. I sometimes add a squeezed lemon to it for vitamin C and to give it some flavour.

Throughout the day, I try to drink at least 1l of water in addition to other fluids I might intake. I would practically have to live in the toilet if I drank more than 1.5l. Unfortunately, I think drinking water is an active choice - since it has no flavour it's not something most people would crave. A water bottle really helps I feel. I like this one that has markings - this is how much you should have by 11am, this is how much you should have by 5pm etc. Makes it feel like a competition and you really want to get there :D

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B071GNK...t=&hvlocphy=1006993&hvtargid=pla-625646246632

I can only say 'well done' as some days I drink no water at all! Does beer and wine count?

Back
Top Bottom