How often do you clean your grill?

I always clean it after I use it. I prefer to do it this way because in my opinion it is easier to keep the grill clean. If I wait until the next time or after a few uses in general it seems to have everything baked on and is harder to clean. Honestly it doesn't take me that long, never more than 10 minutes and I know that next time I go to grill there won't be additional prep time because I didn't clean up last time.

I know that a lot of the germs are killed due to the high heat, but how often is it necessary to clean a grill? I don't mean just with a brush, I mean thoroughly cleaning it. We honestly don't do it here that much, maybe once or twice a summer, and I feel like we should be doing it more. Bits and pieces of food are bound to get stuck places, and a brush can only do so much. How often do you recommend cleaning an outdoor grill?
We try to really clean the gill about once a month. Meaning removing the old food and crumbs and cleaning up the whole inside. It doesn't take that long but sometimes we just forget about it. :( That has gotten us into trouble though and we had to replace our last grill due to neglect. It actually started to rot due to the corrosion. We learned our lesson on that one! We do clean the grates every time we use it with a wire brush to keep it clean.
Hope this helps,
Danyel :)

I know that a lot of the germs are killed due to the high heat, but how often is it necessary to clean a grill? I don't mean just with a brush, I mean thoroughly cleaning it. We honestly don't do it here that much, maybe once or twice a summer, and I feel like we should be doing it more. Bits and pieces of food are bound to get stuck places, and a brush can only do so much. How often do you recommend cleaning an outdoor grill?
We in South Africa use the grill every week and the best way to clean it, I find, is to soak it in a little bicarbonate of soda and vinegar. It takes off all the dirt and old food and you dont have to destroy your hands while doing it.

It's embarrassing but we hardly clean our grill. On the bright side, we don't grill too often in the family. If I were to count the number of times we grill fish, pork or eggplant in a year, it would be around 3 to 5 times.

We don't use our grill very often at all but we clean it even less often. All the old stuff comes off with a bit of heat and a good scrape!

Cleaning my grille. Well if there is a lot of ash and charcoal from the previous barbecue then I usually empty that out and give it a fast rinse out. The grille itself is really heavy duty. I dont brush or scrub it. I usually use Kiawe wood, not the store bought charcoal, but Kiawe wood. I put a lot of wood and it take about an hour for it to burn down and get to the right temperature and fire height. What that does is burn everything on the grille so you don't have to scrub it. Trust me. Everything burns off. Everything.

Back
Top Bottom