How often do you clean your grill?

Because
1. Cleaning the whole grill properly would take what? 20-30 minutes?
2. I really don't think it's necessary to clean it every single time.

I'm with zestery on this one, I don't clean my oven either after each use. Nor do I clean the floor behind me while I walk in the house.

Both 'utensils' are in direct contact with food, but you clean one and not the other.

Probably because you think the heat source cleans it sufficiently to kill any germs.

It's your decision :)

Personally, I don't particularly want to eat pieces of carbon that have been left on the grill, with the food I next cook on it, even if they are 'sterilised'

That's my decision :)

Both 'utensils' are in direct contact with food, but you clean one and not the other.

Probably because you think the heat source cleans it sufficiently to kill any germs.

It's your decision :)

Personally, I don't particularly want to eat pieces of carbon that have been left on the grill, with the food I next cook on it, even if they are 'sterilised'

That's my decision :)

I can completely understand your point of cleaning it every time. But personally I don't think it's worth the trouble.

We clean our grill every time we use it. We just like to make sure it's clean because we have to eat what is cooked on it and it's better to be safe than sorry. You never know if the heat kills all the bacteria.

I clean my grill immediately right after I use it. And it is just easy and to make sure that before I keep my grill it is well clean so that it is ready the next time we will use it again.

Agree with you Father Crowe!

I was the kind of person who cleans immediately the grill and even the sandwich non-sticky plates, but I forgot to clean them some weeks ago and I having no time to clean them at all yet, I have realized that this facts adds some tasty flavor indeed!

I thoroughly clean my grill right after use. Why? If I wait 24-hours, I am more apt to put off this chore for weeks. Plus, it's just easier to do anyway before all of the grime and grit settles.

I Generally Clean it every time im going too cook on it, For me just thinking that it is outside and bugs and other things can crawl right in just make me want to wash the whole thing, but don't get me wrong i love to camp just when it comes to my food, i need things clean.

I clean mine before and after using it every time. It saves time for the next use that you don't have to scrub so hard before lighting up the grill.

It does add flavor like FatherCrowe says, but you have think about food safety as well. I brush it down good after each use, but try to wash it with soap and water before or after a big party.

We clean it immediately after use as we never know how long it will be till we next have a bbq. If we are planning a second bbq in the next few days, we might just give it a quick wipe down instead but normally there is at least 1-3 weeks between uses.

I usually just have the fire heat up the grease and then wipe it down with some newspaper everytime we have a braai. A braai is what we call a 'barbecue' in my country.

Whenever we use the grill, we make sure to clean it after every single time. I thought that was the way to go until I read this thread. If we're talking about a toaster, I clean the pan of the toaster every time I use it as well.

I wash mine after every time I use it. The reason for this is because I don't use it often, and I don't want it to be attracting insects while it's not in use. If I were to use it daily, then I may clean it less often, since I can just leave it overnight and then use it the next day, but since I do know that I'll probably be leaving it for weeks, I think it's more sanitary that I clean it up right after.

I clean it off each time I use it, we have lots of critters around and I don't know what has been crawling on it or what they have been doing. It doesn't take all that long to do and it gives me peace of mind.

Back
Top Bottom