How to stop a child being such a dang fussy eater!

My granddaughter, 9, love her to bits, is such a fussy eater!
We make stuff and bake cakes together and eat the results (however it turns out :laugh:) but introducing anything new into her diet is, to put it mildly, a challenge.
Don't get this wrong, she doesn't live on junk food. She loves pasta, baked spuds, rice and veg, if she's told she likes it!

We made a pizza from scratch, including the tomato sauce. I then had to scrape the sauce off the base to sieve out the tomato pips as she saw them!

I suppose we all went through the 'Fussy' stage, but it aggravates me... I still love her to bits though :)
I think the best options would be 1) to mix in stuff she loves with new foods and 2) not force her to eat anything.

The above advice is all good - but it does remind me of our childhood days [both self and wife] way back then we were given a dinner and that was it - if you didn't eat it that was fine, but there was nothing else. I sometimes wonder if we are so much better off now It's good that there is so much choice but ?

Mushrooms are a definite no.
I'm working on her fruit intake but it's a challenge!
Hopefully she'll grow out of it one day.
:)

Take her to a pick-your-own so she can see exactly where the strawberries etc.. come from and how tasty they are eaten freshly picked.

The above advice is all good - but it does remind me of our childhood days [both self and wife] way back then we were given a dinner and that was it - if you didn't eat it that was fine, but there was nothing else. I sometimes wonder if we are so much better off now It's good that there is so much choice but ?
The only time that rule didn't apply was the time my mother made a shrimp casserole. It was horrible.

Success this evening! She tried cheese omelette and scoffed the lot.. :)
We've had cheese souffle before, with her mum convincing her to eat some (she then loved it.)
I just had to convince her was the same, but different.

BTW, Mushrooms will never happen, in any shape or form... :p:

Thats good! I presume its the cheese she is iffy about not the eggs? Strange really as most kids love cheese.

Shame about the mushrooms - but there are many mushrooms and many mushroom dishes...

Back
Top Bottom