I need a tomato knife

A tomato knife is an invaluable tool. To me, it is one of those things that most folk can live without but when you use one, you will never go back to using other knives. A bit like a foil cutter.
This is the one in our house. Outrageously expensive! Years ago I had a cheaper, slightly smaller and better version. Similar to @morning glory's one above.

p.s. I am obsessive about keeping all kitchen knives sharp. So much so when I go away on holiday I take at least one knife with me!

I hope that you don't fly anywhere. They'll think that you're a terrorist if they find it:eek::headshake: in in your carry-on bag(s)!!!!

I have two knives. A 250mm chef's knife which I use for virtually everything except bread. And a serrated bread knife.

knives 2.jpg

I also have a sarrated bread knife, but I've always used a chef's knife for slicing tomatoes.

Morning glory how'd that knife work? I noticed that now the site says it is so busy with orders it is not taking any more orders til they get caught up. Gosh it must be fab to be so busy.

Morning glory how'd that knife work? I noticed that now the site says it is so busy with orders it is not taking any more orders til they get caught up. Gosh it must be fab to be so busy.

It works really well - I meant to post about it so thanks for reminding me, As I said, I bought two. The second one has your name on it! I'll PM you.:D

I bought this double edged Kitchen Devil about 20 years ago and the serrated edge can still cut tomatoes to less than 1 mm thick. It's one of my most used knives for vegetables and salads.

Kitchin Devil.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought this double edged Kitchen Devil about 20 years ago and the serrated edge can still cut tomatoes to less than 1 mm thick. It's one of my most used knives for vegetables and salads.

View attachment 21514

Well thats a cool knife...how long is it? I used to have a curved knife with an edge like the top portion of that knife and it was my favorite knife to cut chedder in thin slices with...i wonder what happened to that knife?

The blade is 185 mm long and the handle is 120 mm long. There is a fork at the end of the blade that is useful for pinning down vegetables when being cut smaller.The top fine serrated edge is the ultimate for cutting tomatoes and things while the bottom wavy edge is perfect for bread and things.

Back
Top Bottom