I'm back

I know the "parent arm" reaction well, though by my time I think they had established some child safety protocols LOL.

I thought of another funny thing that happened during my early adventures in fatherhood. For almost half a year, I seemed to have forgotten how to cook a damn steak because they all came out "well done" instead of my preferred medium-rare. I attribute this to months of having to overcook meat for the preggo and also the newfound ADHD of watching baby and wife more than my skillet LOL!
I have since rectified this travesty and can cook a decent steak again.

I know the "parent arm" reaction well, though by my time I think they had established some child safety protocols LOL.

I thought of another funny thing that happened during my early adventures in fatherhood. For almost half a year, I seemed to have forgotten how to cook a damn steak because they all came out "well done" instead of my preferred medium-rare. I attribute this to months of having to overcook meat for the preggo and also the newfound ADHD of watching baby and wife more than my skillet LOL!
I have since rectified this travesty and can cook a decent steak again.

My ex SIL (the nieces' mom) only ate well done meat, including prime steaks. I actually got good at overcooking steaks. :laugh: She got a craving for McDonalds when she was pregnant. Gained about 30 pounds each pregnancy... and the babies were each born at around 8 pounds. Do the math. :scratchhead:

CD

Neither did I and aren't you closer to my age than my DD's? The only car safety device I remember from when I was young is the above mentioned "arm."
Late 1960’s Station wagon kid here .. I remember when on vacations getting in the way back with blankets/pillows and stretching out on the hard metal surface /cargo area while the parents were in the front seat. Thought we had a place all our own.🤣🤣 No seatbelts in the car. Never had car seats. Also remember riding in the bed of Dad’s pickup truck all over town.

Also remember riding in the bed of Dad’s pickup truck all over town.
We used to ride on the tailgate, common practice, all the way into town and back, no one thought anything of it.

I probably mentioned it before, but when I was 13 or 14, I was riding in the bed of a little Toyota pickup (very unusual vehicles around here at the time), in a $2 mesh-webbing folding lawn chair, when I got tipped out going 40-45mph.

Didn’t break anything, miraculously, but I was banged up pretty good, and all I could think about was all the sweet, sweet trouble my brother (the driver) was going to get into for allowing that to happen, but when we got home, I was the one who caught it for being dumb enough to ride in a lawn chair in the bed of the truck.

I remember one time riding in the front seat with Dad in his work pick up which was a standard with the shifter on the steering column. Starting to go through an intersection and he was releasing the clutch/ shifting, and another car ran a red light. The "arm" came out across me and a few choice words flew out of my Dad's mouth, quickly followed by "Don't tell your mother what I said".. 🤣🤣🤣 Man, I miss my Dad!

My ex SIL (the nieces' mom) only ate well done meat, including prime steaks. I actually got good at overcooking steaks. :laugh: She got a craving for McDonalds when she was pregnant. Gained about 30 pounds each pregnancy... and the babies were each born at around 8 pounds. Do the math. :scratchhead:

CD

Hey now, I gained almost that much, but it was nearly all fluid besides DD. I looked like I had a beachball out front. I didn't look pregnant from the back, still had waist curves actually. DD weighed 6 pounds, 11 ounces, but when my water broke and it all drained out, but before she was born, I looked chunky, but not really pregnant.

I got teased the last couple months of pregnancy. I couldn't reach the back part of the kitchen counter because of the out front belly.

Back
Top Bottom