1/2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
Pinch of salt
Pinch of black pepper
4 oz chunk light tuna (packed in water), drained well
1/4 cup jarred artichoke hearts (not packed in oil), chopped
4 slices light white bread, crusts removed
2 hard-boiled eggs, sliced (optional)

Directions
In a medium bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, capers, mustard, lemon zest, salt, and black pepper. Sir in the tuna and artichokes.

Divide the tuna salad between 2 slices of the bread. layer on slices of hard-boiled egg, if using. Top each sandwich with 1 slice of the remaining bread. Cut each sandwich in half on an angle.

Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers

NOTE: I didn't have any white bread, so I used light multigrain bread.

The CookingBites recipe challenge: capers/caper berries

Looks delicious! I can see myself making it a lot, since it uses ingredients that I’ve almost always got on hand.

My only problem would be that the cats are obsessed with tuna and I would never be able to eat this in peace!

Well, you did it. You achieved the rare one-two of a simple “like” in the challenge thread, and a “love” in the recipe thread. It’s not a looker by any means, but I do love how the ingredients together. Even though tuna often swims in seas of mayo, you can actually appreciate the fact that tuna is a fish with these ingredients.

Italian Tuna & Artichoke Tramezzini
Thanks for that one. It is a very nice enhancement to the tired old tuna sandwich. I don't like celery at all but I'm a big fan of capers. I'm not a fan of canned tuna either but I will pick up some frozen tuna at the supermarket today. I have some ciabatta in the freezer to use as a base. It is my standard sandwich bread. There I go modifying recipes again. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom