Maggot cheese would you eat or have you eaten it?

@Yorky

I would try the silk worms. I have never eaten a whole frog but frog legs - definitely. They are good fried as long as they are not over cooked. I have made them in a cream sauce - even better. Most people in my region soak frog legs in buttermilk before preparing.

I do stick to locally harvested frog legs.

@Yorky

I would try the silk worms. I have never eaten a whole frog but frog legs - definitely. They are good fried as long as they are not over cooked. I have made them in a cream sauce - even better. Most people in my region soak frog legs in buttermilk before preparing.

I do stick to locally harvested frog legs.

Would you try grasshoppers?

grasshoppers.jpg

If creepy crawlies are cooked I am game on. Raw creepy crawlies are another story. I have eaten live termites. A cruise stop in Belize. We booked a tubing excursion through caverns. On the walk to the river the guide pointed out termite mounds and asked if anyone wanted to taste them. I jumped right in. They tasted like carrots.

If creepy crawlies are cooked I am game on. Raw creepy crawlies are another story. I have eaten live termites. A cruise stop in Belize. We booked a tubing excursion through caverns. On the walk to the river the guide pointed out termite mounds and asked if anyone wanted to taste them. I jumped right in. They tasted like carrots.

I'm seriously impressed!

I don't suppose that I could tempt you with deep fried young frogs then?

View attachment 13318
Reminds me of Lousiana a friend of the family had gone with us on a fishing trip.Me and some other family members were visiting family in Louisiana so we all decided to go fishing.
So we go fishing at night and the friend went off for about oh 5 mins. They came back with a huge bull frog saying what a catch it was and how the legs would make a tasty meal. The thought of bull frog legs back then was so gross lol.
That was 11 years ago now as long as it was just bull frog legs I might try it. It's not a health risk and it's not a scary looking insect either. If my religion allowed it I would try just frog legs maybe idk.

If only High could give you a high five lol. Would you settle for an electronic high five lol?:highfive:

:highfive: back at you!
What really amazed me is that termites are frequently eaten in Belize for their high protein content. They guide told us that they are eaten raw and used in many dishes as a substitute for meats.

Back
Top Bottom