Marcel Proust: When i went to Venice, my dream became my address.

@MypinchofItaly

Verona is a step back into the time of Romeo & Giuliette .. Beautifully enchanting ..

Grappa as you know comes in two styles: The raw fire wáter, hailing from Egypt, and called " Aguardiente" in both Spanish and Italian, which The Romans brought back and the "artisanial" gourmet type .. They can be aged in oak casks or served young ..

The Grappa taste testing included 3 small "tulip" stemware glasses of the following:

1) La Trentina - from the Morbida grapes which was categorised at 94 points .. Smooth with a long finish ..

2) Bonollo Amarone Barrique - a clear amber color and categorised at 93 points .. Well aged and like silky velvet ..

3) Moletto - A clear transparent Grappa, with amazing aromas of figs, raisins and anise .. Categorised at a 92 ..

Absolutely an amazing " brandy " ( grappa is a brandy, made from grapes ) tasting .. Very fascinating and informative .. All three were truly heavenly ..

Lunch was absolutely dazzling dynamic .. I had done an interview on Chef Giancarlo and shall publish it in both Italian and English ..

Have a lovely evening ..

Last edited:
@MypinchofItaly

Firstly, Verona is a truly enchanting city to spend one´s anniversary as well as Veneza ..

The most amazing part of our trip had been the Gondoliers and wáter taxi trips .. Just incredible ..

Of course, there is no Espresso on the planet like in Italia ! I bought some Espresso beans of course ! We had them shipped to the office and we each carried two packages of the beans ..

Well, have a lovely day ..

Back
Top Bottom