Marmite and Vegemite

JAS_OH1

Forum GOD!
Local time
12:13 PM
[Mod edit: This and 27 (!) following posts moved to form a new topic (MG)]

It´s pouring down tiny ice cubes outside.
Breakfast was three slices of toasted crusty bread with marmite and peanut butter.
Now Im going to make samosas, with home-made pastry, because yesterday´s attempt with wonton sheets was a total disaster.
Where did you find the marmite? I didn't know any stores in Ohio carried it. We don't have Kroger up here in NE Ohio, BTW (I know that they do down in the Cincy area). I've never eaten marmite but always wanted to try it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Where did you find the marmite? I didn't know any stores in Ohio carried it. We don't have Kroger up here in NE Ohio, BTW (I know that they do down in the Cincy area). I've never eaten marmite but always wanted to try it.
Jungle Jim’s have it, I’m about 85% sure Meijer’s do, and the bigger Kroger’s as well.

Jungle Jim’s have it, I’m about 85% sure Meijer’s do, and the bigger Kroger’s as well.
Yeah, they just opened a Meijer's up here, but it's about 30 minutes away. If I happen to go up in that direction I will stop in and look for it.
I visited a Jungle Jim's once when down in SW Ohio, really cool store! Wish we had one up here. I used to shop Kroger's when I was on vacation in South Carolina. I doubt they will ever open one in my area.

I used to shop Kroger's when I was on vacation in South Carolina. I doubt they will ever open one in my area.
Which just boggles my mind, frankly (not that they’re anything to get too excited over).

Which just boggles my mind, frankly (not that they’re anything to get too excited over).
Well the grocery market up here (no pun intended) is very competitive. We have a local grocery store chain, Acme, that are all (about 15 locations) within 35 miles of Akron (there are 2 of them within 10 miles of me). Then we have Giant Eagle (I can think of 3 within 10 miles), which are all over the place and also are in PA (they have some down in Columbus too, I think). And Meijer just moved into the area, there are 2 of them but neither are close to my house.

We have a local grocery store chain, Acme, that are all (about 15 locations) within 35 miles of Akron (there are 2 of them within 10 miles of me).

I hear they have a good selection of anvils and rockets.

Screen Shot 2022-02-03 at 3.17.07 PM.jpg

CD

Vegemite is better.

Russ
I would try it, always wanted to. I have no idea since I have never eaten either one of them, but I am sure some of the Brits may argue with you on that one.

I would try it, always wanted to. I have no idea since I have never eaten either one of them, but I am sure some of the Brits may argue with you on that one.

I can get Marmite locally. I just haven't had the courage to possibly throw money down the toilet. It scares me, a bit.

CD

Yeah daughter is staunch marmite. When earthquakes hit here it destroyed marmite makers here, with it selling for huge prices. We have both here so it wasn't an issue with us.

Russ

I can get Marmite locally. I just haven't had the courage to possibly throw money down the toilet. It scares me, a bit.

CD
Well, if it helps, I try and love all things British, and marmite…has never been in my house. I had English friends insist I try it, I did, politely thanked them, and promptly brushed my teeth. :laugh:

Well, if it helps, I try and love all things British, and marmite…has never been in my house. I had English friends insist I try it, I did, politely thanked them, and promptly brushed my teeth. :laugh:
And you love a yeasty flavor. I was told it had a strong flavor like yeast or thick beer. I figured I would like it, but maybe no.

Back
Top Bottom