Meals that taste best reheated

Anything that is cooked in a stew always taste better a day or two after. I think it is so beacuse all the herbs and spices are still doing there thing. Brown stew chicken, fish and pork and stew peas always taste better for me.

The chili recipe that I make always tastes so much better the 2nd day than it does the day I make it. Many times now I'll make a big batch on the weekend and we'll reheat it for dinner during the week so we get a double bonus: quick dinner during the busy week and better tasting chili!

Spaghetti in red sauce is my one of my grandson's favorite. When we have any left I put it in bowl that he can get out what he wants and heat it up for his meals.

Last night I was eating some left over potato casserole from the night before, and decided that it tasted better reheated than it did when I originally made it. What are some of the meals you feel that taste better the 2nd or 3rd time around?
Red beans and rice, Chilli, and fried chicken. Oops, I almost forgot , pizza.

Curry tastes better when reheated. Thinking about curry made me hungry!

We just had this dish called Kare-kare last weekend. It is ox tail in sauce made from toasted rice and peanuts. The more you reheat it, the more it tastes good because the sauce would penetrate the meat. Even the sauce itself can be eaten with rice even if there is no more meat left. That's the wonder of Kare-kare, a specialty in the province of Bulacan.

Baked beans or even mushrooms. I can reheat and eat them without any problem. I do try to avoid opening extra cans when I can not finish eating them all.

Another one who thnks that stews and curries taste even better the next day. I even make extra, just so I can do this. Bolognese sauce also seems to improve after a day. I'm not keen on things like pizza or pies being reheated though, in my opinion it spoils them.

I made Greek Lemon Oregano Chicken the other night, and my husband raved about it when he ate the leftovers. He ate it when it was new too, but he said it tasted better reheated.

Another one who thnks that stews and curries taste even better the next day. I even make extra, just so I can do this. Bolognese sauce also seems to improve after a day. I'm not keen on things like pizza or pies being reheated though, in my opinion it spoils them.
Who reheats pizza? Hey, around here, we eat it cold!

I find that anything in a tomato based sauce tends to taste better in the following days after being made. Things like bolognese sauce, lasagna, certain curries -- for me I think it's something to do with the flavours having a chance to blend together and settle a bit.

I'm also a big fan of reheated pizza but I would say either fresh or reheated is good - I mean really, when is pizza ever bad?!

I find that any meals that involve the words "out of a box" "Complete meal" or "Pasta based meals" to not reheat well. There's just something about gross noodles that disintegrate in your mouth as you eat them. Or that those ingredients mixed together from a 'Complete' meal taste like rubber the next day. Mostly anything with meat/tomato sauce keeps for at least a little while, but stuff that's like rice, pasta, etc, tastes horrible reheated I find. Unless you doll it up with butter and moisture to get the flavor back.

It is true that there are certain dishes that taste better the following day when it is reheated. Chicken, pork and beef casseroles really taste better when reheating even just once. Also dishes cooked in fresh coconut milk taste better after reheating especially its creamy sauce.

Back
Top Bottom