Merry Christmas 2023!

My boss knows me so well

20231225_103822.jpg

A gift from a lovely friend

20231225_103908.jpg

A gift from another lovely friend, take off the lid, wind it up and it plays Christmas music and projects a light image so looking forward to seeing that properly when it is dark, plus it contains biscuits.

20231225_104000.jpg

Merry Christmas, mince pies and this for the festive afternoon. TastyReuben

View attachment 108442
I watched that a couple of weeks ago, it’s great.

Felicity Kendal is a dream, for sure, but I have to say, when Penelope Keith first walks in, she really is rather breathtaking - all that height and that slim figure…I was a teenager when that first broadcast in the US and…oh my… between Ms’. Kendal & Keith… 🥰

This year, we kept Christmas gifts to a minimum - four gifts each.

I got MrsT:

1. A giant lighted rectangular magnifying screen, for reading entire pages of books & magazines without having to move it around.
2. A long-sleeved t-shirt with a flying witch on a broomstick on it that says, “Why yes, I can drive a stick!” - she asked for that a couple of years ago.
3. A leather RFID-equipped passport/vaccine card/credit card holder that matches the new carry-on tote she bought this year.
4. A big Stitch yard inflatable, for next year, obviously.

She got me:

1. A stainless steel Twinings tea tidy (for resting a spent teabag neatly).
2. An Ancestry.com DNA test, which I think is more for her curiosity than mine. My brother did one several years ago, but she wants me to retake it, probably hoping to prove I’m adopted.
3. One of those long-radish spiralizers, so I can make a proper beer garden radish.
4. Another tea gift - a deluxe wooden tea box from Twinings that’ll hold 144 teabags.

Her friend also gets me a couple of small things (though I don’t get her anything). She got me a spice mix for lebkuchen and a little box of wine-filled chocolates (two each of white wine, red wine, champagne, and port).

Also got some nice little treats and things in my stocking. I’ll likely post those up in a bit.

This year, we kept Christmas gifts to a minimum - four gifts each.

I got MrsT:

1. A giant lighted rectangular magnifying screen, for reading entire pages of books & magazines without having to move it around.
2. A long-sleeved t-shirt with a flying witch on a broomstick on it that says, “Why yes, I can drive a stick!” - she asked for that a couple of years ago.
3. A leather RFID-equipped passport/vaccine card/credit card holder that matches the new carry-on tote she bought this year.
4. A big Stitch yard inflatable, for next year, obviously.

She got me:

1. A stainless steel Twinings tea tidy (for resting a spent teabag neatly).
2. An Ancestry.com DNA test, which I think is more for her curiosity than mine. My brother did one several years ago, but she wants me to retake it, probably hoping to prove I’m adopted.
3. One of those long-radish spiralizers, so I can make a proper beer garden radish.
4. Another tea gift - a deluxe wooden tea box from Twinings that’ll hold 144 teabags.

Her friend also gets me a couple of small things (though I don’t get her anything). She got me a spice mix for lebkuchen and a little box of wine-filled chocolates (two each of white wine, red wine, champagne, and port).

Also got some nice little treats and things in my stocking. I’ll likely post those up in a bit.
Lu and I got a couple of shared gifts from friends, but I got no presents myself.

Merry Christmas, mince pies and this for the festive afternoon. TastyReuben

View attachment 108442
Also, I must add, Ms. Keith was wont to go braless under her jumpers in To the Manor Born, but being British, she did so quite tastefully.

All the other boys at school were talking about Carrie Fisher and her unstrapped Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies, and I’d say, “Yeah, but she’s no Audrey fforbes-Hamilton!”

I always pick up a jar of emergency gravy in case I don’t get around to making my own, but I’m actually excited to try this:

IMG_7144.jpeg

Also, you know you’ve had too much cranberry sangria when you take a photo of this, then set your phone down on the counter and start tapping the words on the label and wonder why the internet isn’t coming up! :laugh:

Also, I must add, Ms. Keith was wont to go braless under her jumpers in To the Manor Born, but being British, she did so quite tastefully.

All the other boys at school were talking about Carrie Fisher and her unstrapped Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies, and I’d say, “Yeah, but she’s no Audrey fforbes-Hamilton!”
I've got the feeling you like it when Mrs T is very formal and strict with you.

I watched that a couple of weeks ago, it’s great.

Felicity Kendal is a dream, for sure, but I have to say, when Penelope Keith first walks in, she really is rather breathtaking - all that height and that slim figure…I was a teenager when that first broadcast in the US and…oh my… between Ms’. Kendal & Keith… 🥰

Margot Leadbetter is one of the best comedy characters ever written despite not being a comedy character.

Margot Leadbetter is one of the best comedy characters ever written despite not being a comedy character.
I agree 100%, and PK was the perfect choice to play her. It’s hard to be so funny while being so serious all the time.

I've got the feeling you like it when Mrs T is very formal and strict with you.
…and would it surprise you to know that my No. 1 celebrity crush during the ‘70’s wasn’t Farrah Fawcett or Diana Ross or anyone like that, it was…

IMG_7148.jpeg

Talk about bossy! 🥰 😆

Back
Top Bottom