Misshapen fruit and veg

In the last hotel I always had to sort out all the bananas with brown spots and give em to the staff. Green bananas are fine, but with a few brown spots they're garbage, sometimes you get 25kg of garbage delivered :roflmao:
They made banana bread and freeze it before I started there 2 years ago, it's probably still in the freezer

In the last hotel I always had to sort out all the bananas with brown spots and give em to the staff. Green bananas are fine, but with a few brown spots they're garbage, sometimes you get 25kg of garbage delivered :roflmao:
They made banana bread and freeze it before I started there 2 years ago, it's probably still in the freezer
It makes excellent French toast.

Yes it does, and it also makes a great addition to Bananas Foster, just make a little more syrup.

I love Bananas Foster. I haven't made it in a while. I used to make it when friends were over for dinner. Always a hit.

CD

Yes it does, and it also makes a great addition to Bananas Foster, just make a little more syrup.
With the French toast using leftover banana bread, I would sometimes add some Malibu rum in lieu of the vanilla. Yum. I think someone mentioned using Bailey's in French toast somewhere in the forum recently, maybe it was blades?

With the French toast using leftover banana bread, I would sometimes add some Malibu rum in lieu of the vanilla. Yum. I think someone mentioned using Bailey's in French toast somewhere in the forum recently, maybe it was blades?
Triple sec is a good addition as well. Craig turned up his nose the first time I suggested it, but really liked the end product. Not with banana bread though, it was regular bread.

Triple sec is a good addition as well. Craig turned up his nose the first time I suggested it, but really liked the end product. Not with banana bread though, it was regular bread.
I could see it with pineapple or orange bread (or a mix of both).

Not a fan of French Toast as I tend to prefer something savoury for breakfast!
Yeah French toast does make a great dessert!! I usually have lasagna, pizza, or other leftovers for breakfast lol.

No but sounds like a great idea.

This is the color of my preferred eating banana:

IMG_5402.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom