Misshapen fruit and veg

They all look fine to me.

I like bananas with a little bit of brown on them. I can't eat them raw, but I do like them. But, they don't seem to sell very well here.

I can also see some minor blemishes on the mangoes, and some bruises on the peaches. But, they would be fine for cooking/baking.

I'm guessing that the bell peppers are just getting a little soft or slightly wrinkled. Again, good for cooking.

CD

DD and the girls won't touch a banana once it has brown on it, better yet needs to still have a little green, yet they all love banana bread. 🤷‍♀️
That’s how I am… any brown, get outta town! I like a lot of green on my bananas. I don’t even like touching them for recipes that call for overripe (or even ripe) bananas.

I, however, do not like banana bread much, either.

DD and the girls won't touch a banana once it has brown on it, better yet needs to still have a little green, yet they all love banana bread. 🤷‍♀️
I'm the same. I like them slightly green and less sweet. I make awesome banana bread and pancakes with overripe ones though.

That’s how I am… any brown, get outta town! I like a lot of green on my bananas. I don’t even like touching them for recipes that call for overripe (or even ripe) bananas.
Here’s a banana I refuse to touch with my bare skin. MrsT will have to eat this one:

IMG_5297.jpeg

Here’s a banana I refuse to touch with my bare skin.
That's not even ripe yet. You will more likely get poisoned from an unripe banana than from that.
Tropical fruit tends to look horrible, scraggy, browned, wrinkled, etc. on the outside when it's ripe. On the inside, it's another thing altogether. Bananas cannot be compared to apples and pears.

That's not even ripe yet. You will more likely get poisoned from an unripe banana than from that.
Tropical fruit tends to look horrible, scraggy, browned, wrinkled, etc. on the outside when it's ripe. On the inside, it's another thing altogether. Bananas cannot be compared to apples and pears.
Well yeah, I'm not a fan of apples or pears...I like apples in pie but not raw or applesauce, juice...and no pears in any form. I'll eat yellow bananas with a little green but ripe (spotted) should be in bread (cake) or pancakes.

I'd immediately put it with oats, a little flour, baking powder,, some buttermilk, egg and vanilla and make a pancake out of it!
If MrsT weren’t here, I’d immediately put it in the garbage! :laugh:

I’m not worried about being poisoned by it, it’s just disgusting to me, the skin/peel feels too soft and…what’s the word?…icky. 🤢

If MrsT weren’t here, I’d immediately put it in the garbage! :laugh:

I’m not worried about being poisoned by it, it’s just disgusting to me, the skin/peel feels too soft and…what’s the word?…icky. 🤢
Even my groundhog doesn't like them overripe!

Back
Top Bottom