My cookery books

I gradually built up a reasonable collection of cookery books, around 20, but as I explained in my New Members Introduction, I became a bit jaded & tired of cooking, so I got rid of most of them. But I did keep what I consider to be one of the best books I've seen

The Cookery Year by Readers Digest

I's in Landscape format, and has a distinctive cover that is basically dark green, with the titles made by arranging various foods
I think it's out of print now,but you sometimes see it in charity shops & secondhand bookshops for about £3

I gradually built up a reasonable collection of cookery books, around 20, but as I explained in my New Members Introduction, I became a bit jaded & tired of cooking, so I got rid of most of them. But I did keep what I consider to be one of the best books I've seen

The Cookery Year by Readers Digest

I's in Landscape format, and has a distinctive cover that is basically dark green, with the titles made by arranging various foods
I think it's out of print now,but you sometimes see it in charity shops & secondhand bookshops for about £3

I googled and found a few different cover designs. Here is one:

$_35-2.JPG

Yes, that's the one!

I've just been on Amazon Books
It's available at a range of prices, starting at their odd price of £0,01
there are a couple of updated editions now, but they all have mostly very good ratings & reviews

Last edited:
I do love cookery books. I am a big Nigella fan and have all her books, and always buy the latest one on the day its released. Trying really hard not to by any other books (Nigella not included in that) as I do use the ipad in the kitchen more than anything else now:D. Then I'll see one in a shop window that catches my eye and my resolve disappears.

I do love cookery books. I am a big Nigella fan and have all her books, and always buy the latest one on the day its released. Trying really hard not to by any other books (Nigella not included in that) as I do use the ipad in the kitchen more than anything else now:D. Then I'll see one in a shop window that catches my eye and my resolve disappears.
My daughter is a Nigella fan; I bought her Nigella's first two books as presents when they first came out. I prefer to watch her TV programmes and I follow her on Facebook. I keep an eye out on Amazon and on sites like eReader News as they often have cookery books on offer or completely free, either for Kindle, or as ePub or pdf files. I upload books to the cloud and single recipes and web pages I have saved to OneNote so I can access them on my phone anywhere I can get an internet connection. I also have a look at book stalls etc when I'm out and about. Our local libraries always sell books cheaply too (and they are not always old ones - since the Council cuts they get a lot of donations).

I treated myself to a new cookery book today - Rick Stein's India. There are a lot of delicious recipes in there and, for once, it is not overloaded with fish recipes :laugh:

I must say Amazon are amazing. I ordered the book at 14.09 and was looking through it at 17.35. Not bad for a bank holiday :D

I treated myself to a new cookery book today - Rick Stein's India. There are a lot of delicious recipes in there and, for once, it is not overloaded with fish recipes :laugh:

I must say Amazon are amazing. I ordered the book at 14.09 and was looking through it at 17.35. Not bad for a bank holiday :D

The TV series was brilliant and I wrote down lots of recipes from that - I don't have the book though.

Back
Top Bottom