National Fish and Chip Day, Friday 2nd June 2017

Ramsdens.jpg

On another "local" forum (not necessarily totally food related) to which I subscribe, any pictures of meals with chips must have a chip count; any with egg(s) the egg(s) must be bled (if appropriate); and steaks must be cut to show the extent of the cooking.

Silly isn't it?

Silly isn't it?
Yes. That is taking it too far and far too seriously. I wonder how many here would actually do that? What if you don't like runny egg yolks? Or perhaps you don't mind runny whites (which I was served by my husband yesterday. thank goodness they are our eggs and very fresh! I have no issues eating my own eggs luke warm and runny (though curiously the yolks were whole but did 'bleed' when cut despite the whites still being runny - I suspect it was the way he cooked them personally!). Even photographing my food I find painful because I hate eating hot food cold or luke warm. If it is meant to be hot, then it should be exactly that, hot. And by the time I have the photograph I want, the last thing my plate of previously hot food is, is still hot. If I had to count the chips (what about peas or broad beans?) and photograph it before I could eat my evening meal... I would leave the site or just not participate!

If I had to count the chips (what about peas or broad beans?) and photograph it before I could eat my evening meal... I would leave the site or just not participate!

You don't have to count the chips and photograph the meal (BTW I count them before I cook them). It's just a silly idea which appears to amuse the members (the majority of whom live in Nakhorn Nowhere - and are far past their use by date).

[For information, there were 52, albeit short, chips included in my contribution to National Fish and Chip Day]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom