New Cookbooks

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Staff member
Local time
2:48 AM
Website
www.satnavsaysstraighton.com
I came across Tahini & Tumeric whilst looking for some celery recipes. A blogger in New Zealand (?) had their permission to reproduce a couple of the recipes and I was intrigued. Amazon Australia only had 1 copy left, so I bought it and another to get the free postage. (I started with this link/blog Saffron-infused cauliflower soup with sumac oil which took me to this one, TAHINI & TURMERIC, 101 Middle Eastern Classics, Made Irresistibly Vegan)

I had thought hubby was going to object given my current collection but he's also day down and read through these books and is very keen on them.

20230502_105909.jpg

I've had to tactfully remind him that there is another due next week (I've had it on pre-order for a while).

I can thoroughly recommend Tahini & Tumeric. They are 2 sisters raised by Lebanese-Syrian Jewish parents in Spain who have emigrated to USA. I only came across 1 recipe in the entire book that I didn't want to make, and I'd love to make the concept of that recipe, just without the bananas!

20230502_105923.jpg

This book is probably a little conservative of the spices front for me, but it is hubby's level of cooking and I can easily adjust recipes on the fly if I feel it isn't working for me.

2 very good cookbooks. Now I just need to get back to being able to stand in the kitchen (still only 5 weeks post op).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom