No Parking. I was pissed!!!!

GadgetGuy

(Formerly Shermie)
Local time
2:16 AM
Yesterday, after coming home from Newton, I was forced to wait all day & live park in a no-parking spot just to get a safe place to park!! Finally, one of the teachers near the school came out to go home. From 9 0'clock to about 3:30, I was stuck there, waiting, & waiting, & waiting & praying for a safe place to park where the Green Gerbil wouldn't get ticketed!!! I moved the car right into the space ahead of me where her car was parked!!!! I've been trying my best not to let the car get any tickets, & finally, at long last, I was able to avoid getting ticketed. I even drove to the nearest Xfinity store, came back & STILL had to wait!! Because of this ridiculously stupid rule that Boston has to ticket people parking near corners, it severely limits parking in residential areas!! :ninja:

Last edited:
that's why people move out of big cities.

just wait until you have find a parking spot where you can charge your government mandated electric car.

just wait until you have find a parking spot where you can charge your government mandated electric car.

Well all be dead by the time that happens, if it happens.

But, owning a car in a big city is not easy. Parking is a huge problem, unless you can afford to buy or rent a space somewhere.

CD

Last edited:
When I first moved here there were very few of these:

1699414793780.png

And given that there were hardly any cars, you could park virtually anywhere.

Now, 24 years on there must be 10 times the number of cars and parking restrictions are everywhere. However, as far as I know, there is only one car park where you have to pay (60 US cents for the day or part thereof) and no parking meters. I am given to understand that the police have a couple of wheel clamps but I've only seen one in use once.

When I first moved here there were very few of these:

And given that there were hardly any cars, you could park virtually anywhere.

Now, 24 years on there must be 10 times the number of cars and parking restrictions are everywhere. However, as far as I know, there is only one car park where you have to pay (60 US cents for the day or part thereof) and no parking meters. I am given to understand that the police have a couple of wheel clamps but I've only seen one in use once.

When I moved to my current house 22 years ago, there were only two or three cars parked on the streets within sight of my house. Now Both sides of the street I live on have parked cars all the way down the block. Only one car can go down the street at one time. If two cars are going in opposite directions, someone has to stop and wait.

Here is the best part... EVERY house in my neighborhood has a driveway and a two-car garage. But, the garages are full of "stuff" that people bought, don't use, but can't make themselves get rid of. Next door to me there is a 2023 Mercedes E-Class parked outside, and across the street is a band new BMW 4-Series convertible parked outside. A couple doors down there is a Cadillac SRT, and a Land Rover Discovery parked on the street. What do they all have uncommon? The owners all have two car garages full of junk they bought at Walmart (or more likely Amazon, these days), don't use, and refuse to throw away or give to the local thrift store.

CD

My sons apartment is smack bang in the centre of Bristol City. There is underground parking but only one allocated parking space and they both have cars.
The second space I pay for them (while they are students) is in a multi-storey car park which has just gone up to £470 a quarter. Yep £1880 a year to park a car and that is cheap compared to other offerings.

The thing that grinds my gears about it most is that alternative transport is still just soooo poor. Life isn’t concentrated in just one spot and time isn‘t allocated for travelling without a car. Multiple bus or train changes are extremely time consuming and let’s be honest not a nice way to travel. DIrty old stock rattling down the road full to the brim with grumpy staff and mostly miserable passengers with stupid ticket prices. Show me a reasonable alternative, I’ll take it!

My sons apartment is smack bang in the centre of Bristol City. There is underground parking but only one allocated parking space and they both have cars.
The second space I pay for them (while they are students) is in a multi-storey car park which has just gone up to £470 a quarter. Yep £1880 a year to park a car and that is cheap compared to other offerings.

The thing that grinds my gears about it most is that alternative transport is still just soooo poor. Life isn’t concentrated in just one spot and time isn‘t allocated for travelling without a car. Multiple bus or train changes are extremely time consuming and let’s be honest not a nice way to travel. DIrty old stock rattling down the road full to the brim with grumpy staff and mostly miserable passengers with stupid ticket prices. Show me a reasonable alternative, I’ll take it!

I live in Frisco, Texas. It is a wonderful city of 220,000 people... with NO mass transit. No busses, no trains, nothing but cars to get around. Sure, you could UBER everywhere, but that would cost a small fortune.

But, even apartments have plenty of parking, a lot of it in secure gated parking garages (indoor car parks in Brit terms).

Gadget Guy lives in Boston, where parking is limited. I hope he gets a parking space in his apartment complex soon. I want hime to enjoy his green gerbil.

CD

I live in Frisco, Texas. It is a wonderful city of 220,000 people... with NO mass transit. No busses, no trains, nothing but cars to get around. Sure, you could UBER everywhere, but that would cost a small fortune.

But, even apartments have plenty of parking, a lot of it in secure gated parking garages (indoor car parks in Brit terms).

Gadget Guy lives in Boston, where parking is limited. I hope he gets a parking space in his apartment complex soon. I want hime to enjoy his green gerbil.

CD
What is this Green Gerbil you speak of?

What is this Green Gerbil you speak of?
Kia Soul 2013 in Moss Green. 2.jpg

It's THIS car. The used 2013 Kia Soul in Moss Green. I nicknamed it that because of the 2010 Kia Soul TV commercial which had shown it in this color. Actually, they were hamsters, but I call them Gerbils, mainly because they look so much alike!! It was pictured at the dealer's lot & was posted on the website before I bought it. :whistling:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom