No Parking. I was pissed!!!!

Believe it or not, after putting a down payment on it, the following Saturday, I went to pay the rest of the money & pick it up, & someone else had become interested in it & wanted to buy it. The dealer told them that it was already sold. I beat him to it!! Hah!! :whistling:

Believe it or not, after putting a down payment on it, the following Saturday, I went to pay the rest of the money & pick it up, & someone else had become interested in it & wanted to buy it. The dealer told them that it was already sold. I beat him to it!! Hah!! :whistling:
Well it was there was always gonna be competition for anything that cool 😂

The Nissan Cube was one of the competitors to the Kia Soul. Sadly, production of the car had ended in '04. Can't download a pic of it at all, but I saw one parked in the parking lot to the building that I'm in.
What? They stopped production of the cube in 2004? Blimey, I did not know that!
A very unusual looking car, a bold move, wonder how the aerodynamics effected fuel consumption?!

Here's a pic of the Nissan Cube. Cute little car with fairly big windows, but it didn't fair well against the Kia Soul!! :eek:
Nissan_Cube_(Z12)_–_Frontansicht,_25._August_2013,_Düsseldorf.jpg

My mom had one. In the US, hot-rodders like to stuff small-block Chevy V8s in them. They call them "flying bricks." :laugh:

CD
Yeah, our family had many, from the early 244 saloon and a 245 saloon to the 245 estate and both 740 & 760 estates.

We called them a "brick on wheels". But when the camshaft failed on one in the middle of nowhere in rural Sweden back in the 80's on a family holiday, a "local" mechanic was easily able to get us back up and running again by using his vehicle for spares whilst a new one was shipped. We only had 1 day left in Sweden so had to cross the boarder before dark the following day.

Very reliable, but lethal in the hands of my parents! My mother once rather infamously apologised for being late because she had "to slow down through the roadworks to 80mph because of the fog"! She had been on the motorway with a 50mph limit at the time. They also took them around Spain & Portugal and over to what was Czechoslovakia at the time when you still needed visas and the Iron Curtain was still standing.

The final one we had came with rear seats in the boot and needed 2 roof racks to get all the family and equipment in it. 4 kids, and 2 adults. It needed the horsepower to go anywhere!

Back
Top Bottom