Old-time food processor

This one definitely looks familiar and more resembles the one which my mother used. Yes, I now remember that it used to be attached to the table and it was a dark grey in colour. The one in my photo is also used for processing, but is for vegetables. I did not know the mincers were still around. They used to do a good job though. I can remember meat as well as fruit being minced in these processors.
Some people even collect them
downloadfile-1.jpg

We got a few old heavy cast hand mincers in my shed ,I rescued them from a house clearance ,can't part with them but don't use them people do collect them and the double Hand mixers of the same era fetch money if you've got the box

I think that some say the old fashioned mincer can produce texture in the minced meat which a modern food processor can't do. But perhaps modern processors have advanced to overcome this? I mean that the old fashioned mincer forces the meat through holes to produce an even but textured result. If you put meat in a domestic food processor it will tend towards mush, in my experience.

My mother had this kind of food processor also and she is still sometimes using it even we had bought her a modern food processor. She always treasures her old cooking and baking stuffs even though she had already some new ones.

I have both the food meal and the clamp on mincer. But I could probably start my own thread with all my manual food processors.

Back
Top Bottom