Review Philips HR1623 Hand Blender

Yorky

RIP 21/01/2024
Local time
11:44 AM

The blender arrives with a motor unit (650W), a stainless steel bar blender, a plastic mini chopper with connecting lid and a plastic beaker (not shown). The unit cost Bht 2,190.00 (US$ 65.00) by mail order in March 2017.

As anticipated being of Philips manufacture, the build looks good and feels solid. The 650W motor is operated by two dead man pushbutton switches, normal and turbo. Albeit fairly obvious the manual does not explain the difference between the two.

Up to now I’ve only used the bar blender for batter and blending a small quantity of peeled tomatoes. The batter didn’t appear to improve any but the tomato blending was adequate. For more than a couple of tomatoes I would revert to the normal jug blender or processor. I would be reluctant to use the stick blender in a Teflon coated pan.

I found the mini chopper very useful. Small quantities of coriander, mint or basil leaves were efficiently and quickly dealt with. Garlic can be pureed direct from the whole cloves in small quantities. The blade is removable which makes for easy food recovery (unlike the jug blender). However it is extremely sharp so needs handling with care. Producing “grated” cheese in the chopper is very effective after cutting the cheese into 20mm cubes.

Last edited:
Pureed garlic......

pureed garlic.jpg

@Yorky,

We have a very large stand up electric Mixer ( 40 centimetres in length ) manufactured by an Italian Corporation in Amsterdam: Guzzini. It is magic ! We are both very pleased with its capacity, labors, simplicity yet able to do a wide variety of blending, combining, mixing, change of textures and its efficiency.

I also have 2 small older ones as well for tiny labors ..

From what I can see, you require a larger and more professional style stand up mixer.

Phillips is known to be a fine Brand in Tv´s and stereo systems.

@Yorky,

We have a very large stand up electric Mixer ( 40 centimetres in length ) manufactured by an Italian Corporation in Amsterdam: Guzzini. It is magic ! We are both very pleased with its capacity, labors, simplicity yet able to do a wide variety of blending, combining, mixing, change of textures and its efficiency.

From what I can see, you require a larger and more professional style stand up mixer.

And electric razors.

@Yorky,

I have this combination blender and spice/coffee grinder: https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/philips-hr1757-blender-and-spice-grinder-mill.8543/
but the blade is not removable therefore it is not easy to remove other than liquid product. If I was chopping a lot of chicken, I would use the processor ( https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/tefal-store’inn-d0250d40-food-processor.8515/ ).

@Yorky

These sauces and bases all look fabulous ..

I also have an older model Bosch Stand Up Mixer which I prefer to the Phillips.

It is a true gem though quite a bit more costly than a Phillips.

BOSCH2013-02-02%2012.35.42.jpg

Back
Top Bottom