Recipe Pimento Cheese

Cinisajoy

Veteran
Local time
10:05 AM
Ingredients:
3 cups or so shredded cheese (we used some sharp cheddar, 4 cheese Fiesta blend, Italian cheese blend and a bit of Parmesan), the original recipe called for mild cheddar. For those not in the US, about 4 or 5 handfuls of shredded cheese (12 oz or so)
1 cup of mayonnaise or however much it takes to hold the cheese together. (Do not use miracle whip)
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 4 oz jar of pimentos, drained

Mix all together and store in a covered bowl in the refrigerator.

Next time, we will use block Cheddar from a local restaurant.

Last edited:
Are the pimentos chopped up? And how do you go about eating it - is it a dip or a side?
Yes, the pimentos come diced. It has to be pimentos in a jar.
It can be a dip or you can do what many people do.
Get you two pieces of bread (preferably white sliced to be authentic), spread some cheese on one slice of bread and top with the other piece of bread.
This is called a pimento cheese sandwich.
If you want to get fancy like for a party, slice it into triangles before serving.
You can also put it on Ritz crackers.

Also if you like grilled cheese sandwiches, take the above sandwich, put a little margarine or butter or oil but margarine works best in a skillet or on a griddle, and make it like fried toast on the outsides.

Mmm, thanks, Cin. I've never though about making it at home.

I love a good pimento cheese ball that is rolled in slivered almonds on a cheese platter to be spread on crackers.

Mmm, thanks, Cin. I've never though about making it at home.

I love a good pimento cheese ball that is rolled in slivered almonds on a cheese platter to be spread on crackers.
According to the husband: we will never go back to store bought.

Cool, I'll have to try your recipe. We have an entire cheese drawer in the new fridge. Well, it's supposed to be some kind of climate controlled thing, but we seem to be using it for all kinds of cheese. And hot dogs, salumi, and weird stuff, lol.

The pimentos in a jar are what, again? I think I've only seen them stuffed in green olives.

Back
Top Bottom