Plans for today (2024)

Today in recovering from a cab sav and a merlot.
Wifes bestie bought those wines after I said bring nothing .
So started with Coronas then the wine.
We had dessert then cards then the wine kicked in. I went upstairs about 11 and went to bed .
Still betting today but that's all. Ham I'm doing will take 30 min prepping around 4pm.

Russ

Today in recovering from a cab sav and a merlot.
Wifes bestie bought those wines after I said bring nothing .
So started with Coronas then the wine.
We had dessert then cards then the wine kicked in. I went upstairs about 11 and went to bed .
Still betting today but that's all. Ham I'm doing will take 30 min prepping around 4pm.

Russ
I could swear I read that yesterday, you double posted?

That post never made it here. Until now I spotted it.
Monday here . Lawn mans a week late.
Lazy day. Load of towels on.

Russ
Yeah you posted it yesterday. So today you are feeling better!

Plans for today were to take it easy but, that was never going to happen.
Got a call about 11am from wife's cousin, who wanted to take a ride on The London Eye. So off we went; ride on the London Eye (not me, I hate those things and anyway suffer from vertigo!) pint on the South Bank, walk to Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, stroll through St James' Park up to Trafalgar Square, then along the Strand, stopped in The Coal Hole for another pint, stopped at American Candy so the kids could buy loads of sugary sweets, then strolled up through Covent Garden, ate in Masala Zone, walked down past Drury Lane and home again. So much for a quiet day.
Tomorrow may well be a quiet day for some, because the idiot train drivers are on strike again, so there may not be any trains.

I'm lying in bed. I woke up at 7 because it's trash collection day and that's when their very noisy truck arrived in front of our house. Typically they come between 6-7. The funny thing is that for the past several days we've gotten phone messages stating that because of expected excessive traffic in our area due to the solar eclipse, trash service would occur earlier than normal and customers should please put their trash containers out the night before (which we always do anyway). Guess their drivers didn't get the message.

Guess I'll go make tea.

Back
Top Bottom