Plans for today (2024)

Did my taxes earlier this week. Decided this morning to print a copy. No paper. Off to the store. Went to print. Printer operated like it normally does but nothing printed. Off to the store to buy ink. Still haven’t got it to print. Went through all the cleaning nozzles steps. Spent a solid two hours puddling with that thing. No luck. Haven’t used the printer since I did taxes last year. Guess I’ll be buying a printer later. Been doing some cleaning. Rainy day. About to hit the gym. Make breakfast for dinner. Waffles. Crescent rolls with cherry pie filling. I made whipped cream earlier but I added brown sugar to see how it works.

Did my taxes earlier this week. Decided this morning to print a copy. No paper. Off to the store. Went to print. Printer operated like it normally does but nothing printed. Off to the store to buy ink. Still haven’t got it to print. Went through all the cleaning nozzles steps. Spent a solid two hours puddling with that thing. No luck. Haven’t used the printer since I did taxes last year. Guess I’ll be buying a printer later. Been doing some cleaning. Rainy day. About to hit the gym. Make breakfast for dinner. Waffles. Crescent rolls with cherry pie filling. I made whipped cream earlier but I added brown sugar to see how it works.
Can you print to a .pdf file? You can send to yourself via email and/or upload to cloud storage if you have it.

Last edited:
I've been working on my miniature suitcase replicating Newt's from Fantastic Beasts. I got stuck and frustrated with my Obscuris room cause I couldn't get it to do what I wanted. It's mostly done though I'm going to make 1 change hopefully.

Moved on to Newt's shed/lab area.
I hope there's a pic posted on the other hobbies thread that I've not seen yet 🤞

Lots of things to do today.
First of all, I've got to get dressed and feed to poorly chooks. They both need TLC. One is likely dying from ill health (lower respiratory infection but in true chook style I had no idea she was even ill until yesterday and I had no transport with my vehicle having failed its rego). The other is just exceptionally skinny, just skin and bones really from old age and being a really picky eater nowadays. There's a 3rd that's decided to do a sudden dramatic moult and literally inside 2 days only has feathers on her wings, head and tail. I'm expecting her to lose the tail feathers as well. She needs extra feed because of the cold weather, but she wouldn't be doing such a dramatic moult if she wasn't well enough.

Then I have to get my 4×4 in to the garage before 8am to collect a courtesy car.

I've then got to drive 1½hrs from the garage to get to a physio appt. Usually it's only 45-50 minutes away, but my garage is in the opposite direction to the physio.

After physio, I've got to go to the post office (post stuff to the UK), the chemist (collect needs) and the cafe to get more coffee beans.

Then I can drive home and look after the sick chooks again, if I can get one to the vets... it's hey only chance of surviving.

Once all of that is done, I'm free until the garage contact me to say my vehicle is ready to collect.

Then it's just a case of reheating tea.

Yep - we came 2nd to last :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I know all kinds of useless information like "what is a manatee" and "where is Innsbruck" but when they ask me a movie or (pop) music question - lost in space!!
I have the same thing.
People think I'll be good at pub quizzes but it seems the useless knowledge my heads filled with isn't the right sort of useless knowledge 😆

I hope there's a pic posted on the other hobbies thread that I've not seen yet 🤞
Starts with

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/your-other-hobbies.23708/page-2#post-313669

Then post 35, then 37, then 49 - the thunderbird room.

Post 46 and 47 are some petit point pieces I am working on. The Cluny tapestry took about 3 years to finish. I just need to block it, put a backing on it, and get the castbke it is going in built. It is about 5x7 inches and stitches are 40 or 48 per square inch, I can't remember which.

Plus the 2 projects I found when I started the "death" cleaning.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/your-other-hobbies.23708/page-23#post-383496

Lots of things to do today.
First of all, I've got to get dressed and feed to poorly chooks. They both need TLC. One is likely dying from ill health (lower respiratory infection but in true chook style I had no idea she was even ill until yesterday and I had no transport with my vehicle having failed its rego). The other is just exceptionally skinny, just skin and bones really from old age and being a really picky eater nowadays. There's a 3rd that's decided to do a sudden dramatic moult and literally inside 2 days only has feathers on her wings, head and tail. I'm expecting her to lose the tail feathers as well. She needs extra feed because of the cold weather, but she wouldn't be doing such a dramatic moult if she wasn't well enough.

Then I have to get my 4×4 in to the garage before 8am to collect a courtesy car.

I've then got to drive 1½hrs from the garage to get to a physio appt. Usually it's only 45-50 minutes away, but my garage is in the opposite direction to the physio.

After physio, I've got to go to the post office (post stuff to the UK), the chemist (collect needs) and the cafe to get more coffee beans.

Then I can drive home and look after the sick chooks again, if I can get one to the vets... it's hey only chance of surviving.

Once all of that is done, I'm free until the garage contact me to say my vehicle is ready to collect.

Then it's just a case of reheating tea.
Now at the physio appointment.

I've just remembered I've got to go to the pet shop as well, to buy more mealworms for the poorly chooks.

I'll have to feed the chooks needing TLC extra 4 times a day until we go away on Sunday.

Finally home. I've been out since 8am, driven 300km (200 miles) done all the chores I needed to and also taken a chook to the vets. I spent 10 minutes at home at lunch time. Long enough to grab the poorly chook and drive an hour to the vets. Then the garage texted me that my 4×4 was fixed and ready to collect, so an hour to them and finally home.

Now to feed the other 2 chooks needing TLC and get tes reheating when hubby rings me that he's on his way home.

Starts with

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/your-other-hobbies.23708/page-2#post-313669

Then post 35, then 37, then 49 - the thunderbird room.

Post 46 and 47 are some petit point pieces I am working on. The Cluny tapestry took about 3 years to finish. I just need to block it, put a backing on it, and get the castbke it is going in built. It is about 5x7 inches and stitches are 40 or 48 per square inch, I can't remember which.

Plus the 2 projects I found when I started the "death" cleaning.

https://www.cookingbites.com/threads/your-other-hobbies.23708/page-23#post-383496
Some lovely stuff there. Excited to see that suitcase progress.
Your needlework is fabulous!

Back
Top Bottom