Plans for today (2024)

Up and off to physio this morning- showing some progress there, so I’m happy about that.

Came back home, work work work, then used my lunch break to prep dinner. One of the (many) reasons I love work-from-home is I can cook dishes that used to be reserved strictly for weekends, due to their longer prep time.

More work in the afternoon, then a quick trip to donate blood. I instructed husband to put dinner in the oven while I had the needle in my vein. Finished up with that, enjoyed my complimentary bag of chips in the car, and now just hanging out waiting for dinner to finish.

Yep - we came 2nd to last :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I know all kinds of useless information like "what is a manatee" and "where is Innsbruck" but when they ask me a movie or (pop) music question - lost in space!!
We were playing a trivia game once and I don’t remember the question, but I blurted out Ira Gershwin. I don’t know where it came from but it was the correct answer. People couldn’t believe I knew the answer. I couldn’t believe that I not only said it, but that it was right

Oh, I almost forgot, we have to go pick up our taxes today. Tax day is Monday.

We’d dropped all our info off a month ago, and MrsT called this past Monday, and he said he wasn’t going to have them done in time, so he’d file an extension.

MrsT spent a solid 10 minutes explaining to him that, no, he wouldn’t be filing an extension, that he would instead use that time productively to finish our taxes on time, as he’s had ample opportunity to do so, so we’re picking them up today. :laugh:

Chances are, they’ll be wrong and need correcting, so we’ll likely be right back there tomorrow. MrsT leaves on Sunday for some out-of-town stuff, so they have to be done before that.

The problem is, our tax accountant is about 170 years old, and he’s really losing it. Most of the time, he has to be reminded who we are, even if we just spoke to him.

He called yesterday to say they were ready, and it went a lot like this:

<ring…ring>
Hi Stan, I hope you have some good news for me.
Who is this? Is this MrsT? I can’t remember who I called.
Yes, it’s me. You’re calling about our taxes being ready, I hope.
Oh, hi. Aren’t your taxes done already? I thought I did those.
Did you?
Um…<shuffling papers>…yeah, they’re right here. Good news, while I have you on the phone…your taxes are done. You can come in and sign any time. Thanks.
<clunk, hangs up the phone>

A couple of hours later, the phone rings again:

Hi Stan.
Who is this?
It’s MrsT. Did you need something else?
MrsT? Didn’t I already call you?
Yeah, you called earlier to say we could pick up our taxes. We’ll be in tomorrow just before lunch.
That’s right…I thought I did. See, I had this number written down on a sticky note, and I didn’t know what it was for, so I thought I’d call. Oh, yeah, and your taxes are ready. You want to pick those up tomorrow?

🤨

Did my taxes earlier this week. Decided this morning to print a copy. No paper. Off to the store. Went to print. Printer operated like it normally does but nothing printed. Off to the store to buy ink. Still haven’t got it to print. Went through all the cleaning nozzles steps. Spent a solid two hours puddling with that thing. No luck. Haven’t used the printer since I did taxes last year. Guess I’ll be buying a printer later. Been doing some cleaning. Rainy day. About to hit the gym. Make breakfast for dinner. Waffles. Crescent rolls with cherry pie filling. I made whipped cream earlier but I added brown sugar to see how it works.
You can save a copy to PDF. I'm sure you unplugged and rebooted too...

Oh, I almost forgot, we have to go pick up our taxes today. Tax day is Monday.

We’d dropped all our info off a month ago, and MrsT called this past Monday, and he said he wasn’t going to have them done in time, so he’d file an extension.

MrsT spent a solid 10 minutes explaining to him that, no, he wouldn’t be filing an extension, that he would instead use that time productively to finish our taxes on time, as he’s had ample opportunity to do so, so we’re picking them up today. :laugh:

Chances are, they’ll be wrong and need correcting, so we’ll likely be right back there tomorrow. MrsT leaves on Sunday for some out-of-town stuff, so they have to be done before that.

The problem is, our tax accountant is about 170 years old, and he’s really losing it. Most of the time, he has to be reminded who we are, even if we just spoke to him.

He called yesterday to say they were ready, and it went a lot like this:

<ring…ring>
Hi Stan, I hope you have some good news for me.
Who is this? Is this MrsT? I can’t remember who I called.
Yes, it’s me. You’re calling about our taxes being ready, I hope.
Oh, hi. Aren’t your taxes done already? I thought I did those.
Did you?
Um…<shuffling papers>…yeah, they’re right here. Good news, while I have you on the phone…your taxes are done. You can come in and sign any time. Thanks.
<clunk, hangs up the phone>

A couple of hours later, the phone rings again:

Hi Stan.
Who is this?
It’s MrsT. Did you need something else?
MrsT? Didn’t I already call you?
Yeah, you called earlier to say we could pick up our taxes. We’ll be in tomorrow just before lunch.
That’s right…I thought I did. See, I had this number written down on a sticky note, and I didn’t know what it was for, so I thought I’d call. Oh, yeah, and your taxes are ready. You want to pick those up tomorrow?

🤨
Yeah I do my own taxes...as an IC I generally am paying in, along with self-employment tax and social security. Its not hard but its tedious. I'm doing them today and I'll pay Monday. I never feel like they should get paid earlier than the deadline. I would have had them done last week but was waiting on an investment related document that was delayed for some reason, just got it Tuesday.

Taxes done - out of jail for another year. Yay! :laugh:
I've always thought the British way of doing taxes was better. They tax the hell out of you BUT, if they make a mistake, then (eventually) you get a rebate. However, The Venezuelan (and American ) systems are different. THEY know all the tricks and shortcuts. When you have to do your own tax returns, you know NOTHING and they know everything, so if they can screw you - they will.

Back
Top Bottom