Plans for today (2024)

It's that last bit that would make me look for a new accountant though. I do get the part about the low audit rate, me too.
Iā€™m more of an ā€œallā€™s well that ends wellā€ kind of guy, and heā€™s so entertaining, itā€™s almost worth it.

I do think this is probably his last year, though. MrsTā€™s reluctance is that, for a couple of years, he was also a client of hers, but heā€™s stopped traveling and is onto other things.

Thatā€™s one of the funny things about him - heā€™s in his 70ā€™s now, and heā€™s a player - he loves the ladies, and every year or so, heā€™s got some other kind of scheme going on to impress the women, and I always like seeing whatā€™s next with him.

One year, it was gourmet cooking classes (ā€œYou knowā€¦a woman really loves a man who knows his way around the kitchenā€¦ā€), another year, he dabbled in stand-up comedy (ā€œYou knowā€¦a woman really loves a man who can make her laughā€¦ā€), ballroom dancing lessons (ā€œYou know, a woman really loves a man who can move her around the dance floorā€¦ā€), etc.

This year, heā€™s taking piano lessons (ā€œYou knowā€¦a woman really loves a man who can sing to herā€¦ā€). Heā€™s a riot. The years he was ballroom dancing, he very poorly self-dyed his snow-white hair some weird, very unnatural rusty color, grew a pony tail and a Van Dyke, and was demonstrating his ā€œmovesā€ in the office, which in addition to some swirls and dips, included a Michael Jacksonesque crotch grab.

Heā€™s also super MAGA, and that means heā€™s has a literal, actual shrine to Trump and Reagan in his office, complete with a little electric candle flickering between their facing 8x10 photos (ā€œSee, President Reagan is advising and guiding President Trump. Theyā€™re talking!ā€), and every year, thereā€™s always something weirdly fascinating in his office that wasnā€™t there before - one year, it was a full punch bowl set, placed on the floor in front of his desk. This yearā€¦a display of snowshoes (ā€œI thought people might like to see those..ā€). šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I could go on and on. One year, I walked into his office, busiest time of the year for him, like a week before tax day, 4PM, and he was sprawled out behind his desk, sound asleep. Heā€™s the kind of guy, if he were my neighbor, Iā€™d be over there all the time, just to see what wacky crap he was getting up to that day.

The truth is, I do like him quite a bit as a person, because heā€™s the kind of person I like - infinitely curious, open and free for the most part, and always for the next adventure, always in a good mood.

Iā€™m waiting for him to take up skydiving next (ā€œYou knowā€¦a woman loves a man whoā€™ll push her out of a perfectly good airplaneā€¦ā€). :laugh:

Heā€™s also super MAGA, and that means heā€™s has a literal, actual shrine to Trump and Reagan in his office, complete with a little electric candle flickering between their facing 8x10 photos (ā€œSee, President Reagan is advising and guiding President Trump. Theyā€™re talking!ā€), and every year, thereā€™s always something weirdly fascinating in his office that wasnā€™t there before - one year, it was a full punch bowl set, placed on the floor in front of his desk. This yearā€¦a display of snowshoes (ā€œI thought people might like to see those..ā€). šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

I could go on and on. One year, I walked into his office, busiest time of the year for him, like a week before tax day, 4PM, and he was sprawled out behind his desk, sound asleep. Heā€™s the kind of guy, if he were my neighbor, Iā€™d be over there all the time, just to see what wacky crap he was getting up to that day.

The truth is, I do like him quite a bit as a person, because heā€™s the kind of person I like - infinitely curious, open and free for the most part, and always for the next adventure, always in a good mood.

Iā€™m waiting for him to take up skydiving next (ā€œYou knowā€¦a woman loves a man whoā€™ll push her out of a perfectly good airplaneā€¦ā€). :laugh:
That's enough for me to fire him right there. And Ronald Reagan must have been rolling over in his grave.

I guess he fits in with the "of unsound mind" category of other unhinged MAGA people.
Itā€™s weirdā€¦heā€™s very MAGA, but heā€™s not a jerk about it. The woman who runs his office for him (itā€™s just the two of them), sheā€™s very, very liberal, and theyā€™re usually play-arguing by the time we leave (and sometimes as soon as we walk in the door :laugh: ), and itā€™s funny to watch, because sheā€™s much more in-yer-face with her views than he is with his, but I love them both, because theyā€™re so much alike, just at different ends. Sheā€™s full of piercings and tattoos and all that. They make quite a pair. Sometimes, I stop in outside of tax time, just to say hello, when Iā€™m in that area.

Oh yeah, he ran for mayor one year, too! :laugh:

Itā€™s weirdā€¦heā€™s very MAGA, but heā€™s not a jerk about it. The woman who runs his office for him (itā€™s just the two of them), sheā€™s very, very liberal, and theyā€™re usually play-arguing by the time we leave (and sometimes as soon as we walk in the door :laugh: ), and itā€™s funny to watch, because sheā€™s much more in-yer-face with her views than he is with his, but I love them both, because theyā€™re so much alike, just at different ends. Sheā€™s full of piercings and tattoos and all that. They make quite a pair. Sometimes, I stop in outside of tax time, just to say hello, when Iā€™m in that area.

Oh yeah, he ran for mayor one year, too! :laugh:
I get that you like him, I really do, but he sounds about as sharp as a mound of mashed potatoes...

Went to the Parade of Homes with my sisters. We saw some beautiful homes. They all had large outdoor living space with kitchens and a fireplace. Several had a butler's pantry, which I love. Large gas ranges 36" - 48", pot fillers, large islands and beautiful primary suites. The jaw dropper was 6,566 S.F. living area. With Pool house, garages and R.V. garage 9,314" under roof. The house was stunning! The attention to detail was beyond anything I have ever seen. Every room had an amazing, unique light fixture. If I had 3.5 million, I would have written a check right then and there. Probably more because I would want all of the furnishings, drapery and accent pieces. Anyway, I do not have 3.5 million dollars and the house was sold.
Oh well, one can dream. I told George to buy a Powerball and mega million ticket. :hyper:

Come on... accountant's not too sharp, Caleb Blunt, geddit?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Nope I really don't šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

As it's you I'm suspecting one of two things, this is some sort or sportsman or person of note I've never heard of or alternatively (and this happens often) the holes in my crappy state schooling mean as soon as I mention this to Mr SSOAP he'll laugh and explain exactly why it's funny.

He's getting us tea. I'll ask him when he returns šŸ˜‚

He's getting us tea. I'll ask him when he returns
I think itā€™s a made-up name on karadekoolaid ā€™s part, just some wordplay on ā€œsharpā€ (ā€œbluntā€ being the opposite).

Why do I suspect that? Because when I first read it, I googled it and found no one famous by that name! :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom