Plans for today (2024)

Busy day today - MrsT is off to the Cleveland area for the next four or five days, scheduled to depart at noon.

I’ve got to make breakfast (which she’s yet to say what she wants), clean out the car (because she’s picking someone up along the way), and make sure the tires and windshield fluid are all topped off.

Then, at precisely 12:01PM, I shall pour a beer, plate up something entirely unhealthy and press ▶️ on a dubious 1970’s European B-movie.

I think it’s a made-up name on karadekoolaid ’s part, just some wordplay on “sharp” (“blunt” being the opposite).

Why do I suspect that? Because when I first read it, I googled it and found no one famous by that name! :laugh:
😂 it's the caleb part that threw me, Caleb isn't usual name of here, I'd never heard it and assumed it was something biblical or a type of veg I'd never heard of 😂

Watering the vegetables I planted the other day. Planting another box. I need to a couple of pepper plants and three more Cherokee Purple tomatoes. I also need three more bags of soil. I like to refresh my boxes with a couple of cubic feet of soil in the spring.
Grocery shopping tomorrow morning. :ninja:I have a love hate relationship with shopping. I love it when I can hit one store and walk out with everything on my list. I hate it when I have to make multiple stops. Tomorrow is a hate day. Costco for prescriptions, a couple of cleaning supplies that are on sale and gas. Fresh Pickings for vegetables. I hope they have green tomatoes. Walmart for bread, cereal and cleaning supplies that I don't get at Costco.
It makes me tired just to think about it.

Come on... accountant's not too sharp, Caleb Blunt, geddit?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Funnier is if you Google Caleb Blunt...there are real people with that name.
That’s the part that threw me as well. Bobby Blunt…Johnnie Blunt…Charlie Blunt, yeah that would have registered immediately.:laugh:
Emily Blunt.

Last edited:
That’s the part that threw me as well. Bobby Blunt…Johnnie Blunt…Charlie Blunt, yeah that would have registered immediately.
Caleb. Good 'ole religious name from Mid-Eastern Baptist/Evangelical/Pentecostal states. I'll make a note to make my "jokes"a bit simpler in the future :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
And just so you know - my family, especially my dad's side, was always, always looking for a joke or a pun or a play on words, regardless of the conversation. I was brought up on Round the Horne (Kenneth Horne, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Bill Oddy), then "At Last the 1948 show" (John Cleese, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graham Chapman, Marty Feldman); then Monty Python and then Fawlty Towers.
That's where my perverse and obscure sense of humour comes from.
My kids still groan and cannot believe that I watched 6 entire episodes of "Friends", and never laughed even once.

Caleb. Good 'ole religious name from Mid-Eastern Baptist/Evangelical/Pentecostal states. I'll make a note to make my "jokes"a bit simpler in the future :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
And just so you know - my family, especially my dad's side, was always, always looking for a joke or a pun or a play on words, regardless of the conversation. I was brought up on Round the Horne (Kenneth Horne, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Bill Oddy), then "At Last the 1948 show" (John Cleese, Tim Brooke-Taylor, Graham Chapman, Marty Feldman); then Monty Python and then Fawlty Towers.
That's where my perverse and obscure sense of humour comes from.
My kids still groan and cannot believe that I watched 6 entire episodes of "Friends", and never laughed even once.
Ooooh, yeah, me and my friends in our 20s used to make all kinds of plays on song lyrics, that was a lot of fun. I've got a few that are totally unsuitable to post but had us in stitches.

Well went for sushi with Aunt D and the in-laws, now at the emergency room. My mother-in-law had an episode at dinner,, not sure what's going on. I think she just ate too much too fast but it got everyone concerned so now we're waiting for her to get checked out.

Well went for sushi with Aunt D and the in-laws, now at the emergency room. My mother-in-law had an episode at dinner,, not sure what's going on. I think she just ate too much too fast but it got everyone concerned so now we're waiting for her to get checked out.
Yep. MIL ate too much too fast and the sushi got stuck in her esophagus, then drinking water made the rice swell up and made it worse. She hadn't eaten sushi in about a year and had been craving it. She's a tiny woman and her appetite hasn't been good for the past few months, very small meals usually. But over the past 24 hours her sister has been in town she was eating like she was in her 50s, pizza and salad last night and having wine, etc. She ate a big breakfast today and had a good lunch, then sushi tonight...it was just too much food for what she's been used to lately. She's home and in her jammies, we will go check on her tomorrow and then aunt D goes home Tuesday.

Thank you, she just got out of her routine. She'll be as fine as she can be considering everything that's going on with her healthwise.
Glad she is ok. I choked on food once and it is scary. I used to eat really fast. After that I learned to slow down, chew my food. The thing I learned by doing that is food tastes a whole better when you not trying to just toss it down.

Back
Top Bottom