Plans for today (2024)

My Grandpa had two indian motorcycles when we were kids. I agree with your Pa “BUY IT” - YOLO 😃😀… such a nice looking bike!
Thanks. They are in my eyes a beautiful bike but they also have a really good engine so are a lovely ride too.

We'll see what today brings. In spite of not trying to be too keen (I did manage to walk away yesterday.. just) I have woken up singing The Eagles peaceful easy feeling and wondering what I should call the bike 🤪

Today’s the day I’ve penned in ‘Defrost the freezer’
Now the days arrived I really dont want to do it 😂

But I also failed to cancel the food delivery (forgot) so this evening an unamended order will deliver and assortment of random items I put in the trolley about two weeks ago and none of it fits together as a meal so I’ll need freezer space…

Argh.

More tea and prevaricating should help fix things shouldn’t it? 😬 😝

Housecleaning today and cooking a meal for a friend who I haven't seen in a few years. She's in for just the day (she lives about 1.5 hours away). She's pescatarian and has a gluten sensitivity so I'm making lemon-pepper seasoned salmon, asparagus, baby Brussels sprouts, garlic mashed potatoes, and hollandaise sauce for the seafood and vegetables. I've got cheesecake (gluten-free graham cracker crust) in the refrigerator and fresh blackberries for afters.

Tea and prevaricating has prevailed, it’s now too late in the day to start defrosting the freezer, huzzah! 😂
I'd need to cook through some of the contents of ours before I can defrost it. I'm steering my husband in the direction of buying us a new freezer like this one.
images.jpeg

I can give our chest freezer to my oldest daughter. She's a little taller than I am so it would work better for her than it does me. I have to stand on my tiptoes to reach inside near the bottom. Right now it's too full to do that but...

It's past 5 in the afternoon.
Relaxing with a home brew.
I made a batch of sourdough. Divided in 4. Three pieces are now sleeping in the fridge and number 4 will be turned into either a pizza or a ciabatta just now.
I'll be using my uuni (ooni) as usual.
I found some tomato paste in the freezer (I knew it was there, even without keeping track of the inventory. I had forgotten I have some small hams in the freezer though)
Basic pizza, tomato, bacon, cheese and capers

I'd need to cook through some of the contents of ours before I can defrost it. I'm steering my husband in the direction of buying us a new freezer like this one.
View attachment 112446
I can give our chest freezer to my oldest daughter. She's a little taller than I am so it would work better for her than it does me. I have to stand on my tiptoes to reach inside near the bottom. Right now it's too full to do that but...
That’s the sort of thing I got to replace my chest freezer but less shelves.
Much easier to find things, especially if you label the shelves.. and stick to them 😬

I’ve just bought polystyrene boxes that will fit inside the shelves. This should minimise freezer burn, make it cheaper to run and will force me to be more disciplined about where I’m shoving what!

They’ll also be able to keep the food I’m keeping nice and cold while I defrost the monster.

And it is a monster, it’s a catering freezer. I didn’t understand exactly what made it a catering freezer until I plugged it in, apart from the external led temperature display and controls it’s also so loud it sounds like it’s about to take off!
Fortunately it lives in the garage so thats not a problem, phew!

karadekoolaid when we have flew between PHX-HNL I've always packed an extra large thick-heavy canvas zippered tote bag in my suitcase, no more than 50 pounds! (I have a hand-held scale for luggage)
ll bean extra large canvas zippered tote bag.jpg

(photo credit LL Bean)
I had my initials embroidered on it for easy spotting on that nasty luggage carrousel ...
When it's time to pack up and fly back, I've collected a mass of Hawaii-Only goods that I MUST have.
Clothes go into the canvas bag and the booty goes into the regulation suitcase-frozen and does well every time, even though it's a long day for the food-stuffs (1 hour drive to the airport + 3 hours waiting to board + 6 hour flight + 2 1/2 hour drive back up the mountain + quick unpack and into the deep freeze - still frozen solid!).
Works every time.

karadekoolaid when we have flew between PHX-HNL I've always packed an extra large thick-heavy canvas zippered tote bag in my suitcase, no more than 50 pounds! (I have a hand-held scale for luggage)
View attachment 112468
(photo credit LL Bean)
I had my initials embroidered on it for easy spotting on that nasty luggage carrousel ...
When it's time to pack up and fly back, I've collected a mass of Hawaii-Only goods that I MUST have.
Clothes go into the canvas bag and the booty goes into the regulation suitcase-frozen and does well every time, even though it's a long day for the food-stuffs (1 hour drive to the airport + 3 hours waiting to board + 6 hour flight + 2 1/2 hour drive back up the mountain + quick unpack and into the deep freeze - still frozen solid!).
Works every time.
I’ve flown frozen food once. It was a long day so I expected it to be ruined by the time we got there but it was still frozen. I guess the hold luggage at that altitude must stay pretty chilly.

Back
Top Bottom