Poisonous foods we still love to eat!

Wow I didn't know apples were poisonous! Very interesting.

Wow I didn't know apples were poisonous! Very interesting.
More the cores/seeds that are poisonous. Don't worry too much though, it's only cyanide. Dry em out and grind them up?
"You would need to finely chew and eat about 200 apple seeds, or about 20 apple cores, to receive a fatal dose. Apple seeds contain amygdalin, a substance that releases cyanide"

Every time we always read and hear of some foods that they said are poisonous. And like what had been said in this post even though we already knew that it is poisonous we still love to eat this kind of foods. I think eating foods with too much salt, sugar, fats and those foods that are treated with preservatives and chemicals are all poisonous that most of us always eat everyday.

Yes, many of the foods we have grown up with are not good for us at all. I think instead of just dropping them though...it is good to have an awareness of what we are eating so can learn to eat them in moderation or on special occassions...instead of just gobbling them down whenever we feel hungry.

I have no idea about poisonous food particularly the fruits like apple that were mentioned in this thread. But the root crop called cassava has many victims with incidents fully documented and reported in the news. When the cassava is not planted properly (the stem should be planted horizontally) the tuber becomes poisonous. But in order to be sure that it is free from poison, the cassava should be soaked in water for 30 minutes after taking off the rind. That way, you are sure that the cassava is edible and clean.

I have no idea about poisonous food particularly the fruits like apple that were mentioned in this thread. But the root crop called cassava has many victims with incidents fully documented and reported in the news. When the cassava is not planted properly (the stem should be planted horizontally) the tuber becomes poisonous. But in order to be sure that it is free from poison, the cassava should be soaked in water for 30 minutes after taking off the rind. That way, you are sure that the cassava is edible and clean.
Only 30 minutes!

Only 30 minutes!
Yes, soak the cassava in water for 30 minutes and wash it again before cooking. I don't think it is really poison but a sort of chemical the makes you dizzy when you happen to eat it. But again, not all cassava can cause a dizzy spell. The farmers know it so I wonder why there are cassava which were planted in the wrong way. Planting it standing up is not a good idea because if you happen to stick on the ground the wrong end, that would produce a poisonous cassava.

Back
Top Bottom