Popular Foods That You Can’t Stand

I'm with you on that one. The avocados here in Australia are so much nicer than the pathetic samples available in the UK.

Right my list of dislikes... (as opposed to allergies...)
all meat or meat products
all fish or fish products
anything of that ilk....
pretty much everything that is 'heat in the microwave and serve'
pretty much anything that is 'pour water into and stand'
Bulgar wheat
fake 'meat'/meat replacements (same applies to the concept of fish)
tomato sauce
any tinned soup
most tinned produce
bananas. Can't stand them
chia seeds - don't get them
pawpaw - just don't take me there
figs - fig rolls - just what are they about?

Ditto :D, except for meat, although I do only eat a little of it/poultry. Can't comment on pawpaw except to say I've never knowingly eaten it. The only figs I've ever liked have been fresh ones picked straight from the tree when I was in Greece.

I'm beginning to think I'm very unusual here! I'll eat almost anything! I don't like some things as much as others but I will eat them (especially if combined with other ingredients in the right way). I don't think there are any vegetables or fruits that I dislike intensely. Avocados are not a favourite but that is just to do with fat levels - tempered with limes and chillies I can rather enjoy them.

Last edited:
Ditto :D, except for meat, although I do only eat a little of it/poultry. Can't comment on pawpaw except to say I've never knowingly eaten it. The only figs I've ever liked have been fresh ones picked straight from the tree when I was in Greece.
Yep - can't say I have had figs straight off a tree, but those 6 weeks we spent on Rhodes those oranges and satsumas (or whatever the little un's were) were to die for and you can get nothing like them in the shops. straight from the tree, fresh and ripe they are amazing. some of the crap we have had recently has just gone straight onto the compost heap!

Fresh figs are a wonderful thing. Many of my Italian and Eastern European neighbors in my lifetime have grown fig trees, and shared their bounty.

It's interesting to see how they are tended and reproduced; somewhere between grapes and apples. Also how they protect them here in the winter by wrapping them.

Back
Top Bottom