4 thin boneless pork loin chops
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
5 TB butter, divided
1 TB grapeseed oil
1 tsp minced garlic
2-4 fresh strawberries, sliced

Directions
Trim tops of strawberries and place in a food processor. Add the water and bouillon and process until blended; purée should be a little thick and slightly chunky. Set aside.

Make a breading line by placing flour in one plate, eggs in a small baking dish, and bread crumbs in another plate.

Pork chops should be about 1/4-inch thick; if not, use a meat mallet to pound each chop to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper, then dredge each chop in the flour to coat both sides and shake off the excess. Next, dip each chop in the eggs, then in the crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the chops to assure a good coating.

In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon each of butter and oil over medium-high heat. Gently lay each chop in the oil and cook 2-3 minutes per side, reducing the heat to medium after turning the chops over. Remove from pan and keep warm.

In same pan, saute garlic in remaining 4 tablespoons of butter until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the strawberry mixture, stir and heat through.

Serve chops with the sauce garnishing with the strawberry slices.

Recipe adapted from Taste of Home

The CookingBites recipe challenge: strawberries

Pork Chops w/ Strawberry-Garlic Sauce
Makes 4 average or 2 large servings

Ingredients
2 cups whole fresh strawberries
1/4 cup water
1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1/2 cup AP flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
5 TB butter, divided
1 TB grapeseed oil
1 tsp minced garlic

Directions
Trim tops of strawberries and place in a food processor. Add the water and bouillon and process until blended; purée should be a little thick and slightly chunky. Set aside.

Make a breading line by placing flour in one plate, eggs in a small baking dish, and bread crumbs in another plate.

Pork chops should be about 1/4-inch thick; if not, use a meat mallet to pound each chop to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle each side with salt and pepper, then dredge each chop in the flour to coat both sides and shake off the excess. Next, dip each chop in the eggs, then in the crumbs, pressing the crumbs into the chops to assure a good coating.

In a large skillet, heat one tablespoon each of butter and oil over medium-high heat. Gently lay each chop in the oil and cook 2-3 minutes per side, reducing the heat to medium after turning the chops over. Remove from pan and keep warm.

In same pan, saute garlic in remaining 4 tablespoons of butter until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add the strawberry mixture, stir and heat through.

I could never pair those items. But fair play to you. Lol

Russ

Pork Chops w/ Strawberry-Garlic Sauce
Makes 4 average or 2 large servings

Ingredients
2 cups whole fresh strawberries
1/4 cup water
1 tsp chicken bouillon granules
1/2 cup AP flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
5 TB butter, divided
1 TB grapeseed oil
1 tsp minced garlic

Directions

Apple sauce belongs on a pork chop

Rusz

Apple sauce belongs on a pork chop

Rusz
Pork is really fruit-friendly - apples, pears, cranberries, oranges, peaches, plums…I’ve made pork using those fruits before.

This is the first time I used strawberries, though, and I was a little suspicious, but it works. I’ll write more up on it later in the challenge.

I’ve made a fruit sauce for pork chops. I used dried fruit. It went very nicely. I’ll post the recipe.

Back
Top Bottom