Recipe Port Marinaded Sausages with Red Onion Sauce

See now I learned something. The problem came in with the use of the word normal. You meant common in your grocery stores.
Sorry, we don't mean common, we mean normal. If you ask for sausages in a grocers, butchers or supermarket, you get normal British bangers. Other types of sausages are common too, but you'd have to ask for them by name.

Sorry, we don't mean common, we mean normal. If you ask for sausages in a grocers, butchers or supermarket, you get normal British bangers. Other types of sausages are common too, but you'd have to ask for them by name.
Interesting in that if you told the butcher over here you wanted normal sausages, normal ground beef, normal chicken they would look at you like you had sprouted an extra head. In which case over here you would have to specify fresh pork sausage or whichever ground beef you wanted. Interesting thought for a thread. Be right back.

I

I just googled Callos recipes. Every one that I found said beef or ox tripe not pork or porc.
Oh and it sounds good except for the tripe.

@Cinisajoy, the sauce is amazing. One can use veal tripe or porc tripe or beef tripe or even lamb tripe .. Perhaps you could substitute the tripe for another meat cut. I have a Spanish traditional family récipe. I shall ask my parents. And post it here. I shall see if I can do on my trip on my lap top next week. Making a note to do.

Have a nice evening.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Cinisajoy

The sauce is amazing ..

One can use veal tripe or porc tripe or beef tripe or even lamb tripe .. Perhaps you could substitute the tripe for another meat cut ..

I have a Spanish traditional family récipe. I shall ask my parents .. And post it here ..

I shall see if I can do on my trip on my lap top next week.

Making a note to do ..

Have a nice evening ..
Personally knowing the tripe we get around here, I would find a substitute.

@Cinisajoy,

My mom said, you could use lean pork chops or lean small chunks of pork or veal or beef chunks ..

I will do a post on it, over the weekend ..

Have a nice weekend ..

Back
Top Bottom