Potato Skins

You can deep fry the potato skins too.

I had a recipe a long time ago that required the "empty" skins to be deep fried before filling. If I remember correctly the recipe was developed by the chef at The Taj Mahal Hotel in Bombay.

However, generally I fill the skins with the potato (mashed with a little milk and butter), cheese, onion (raw), tomato puree, finely chopped chilis and seasoning. I may top with more chilis (sliced), sliced tomatoes, dried or fresh parsley or chopped fresh coriander. Then I refrigerate them for future grilling.

sept 3 s.jpg

sept 8 s.jpg

sept 6 s.jpg

stuffed jackets gammon s.jpg

I've been wanting to try skins using sweet potato. Anyone ever done this? I could see the filling as that sweet potato casserole mixture with marshmallow on top or sweet potato pie filling.

I had a recipe a long time ago that required the "empty" skins to be deep fried before filling. If I remember correctly the recipe was developed by the chef at The Taj Mahal Hotel in Bombay.

However, generally I fill the skins with the potato (mashed with a little milk and butter), cheese, onion (raw), tomato puree, finely chopped chilis and seasoning. I may top with more chilis (sliced), sliced tomatoes, dried or fresh parsley or chopped fresh coriander. Then I refrigerate them for future grilling.

Those are what we are referring to as twice baked.

SKins don't have any potato insides in them, just whatever fillings you want.

I remember having skins at TGIF over 30 years ago at least. DD was still pretty young then and she turned 40 earlier this year.

Last edited:
The last time I had a potato skin (at TGIF), was about 30 years ago. Serve them with stuffed mushrooms, crab rangoon, and onion rings and have a Mad Men Party.

Edit: as I recall, Re TGIF, if I'm not mistaken, Lou Ferrigno was having dinner at one of the tables.

Last edited:
I've been wanting to try skins using sweet potato. Anyone ever done this? I could see the filling as that sweet potato casserole mixture with marshmallow on top or sweet potato pie filling.

The only potatoe skin I do is the one shown, cooked and potatoe removed. I fill with kumara ( sweet tatter here) and mashed with bacon and spring onion and wharever you like. Then cheese on top and rebake.

Russ

I've eaten potato skins in restaurants once in a while but never made them. I may have a stab this coming weekend.

Back
Top Bottom