Recipe Quick & Easy Mac & Cheese.

I think it's not much work to pump out a cheese sauce. You also have the ability to alter the taste depending on which cheeses you utilize. Sometimes it can be made into an entirely different dish with a few added ingredients. I used Velveeta a lot but, you're quite right, the salt content is ridiculous. So I've opted to make my own sauce.

I think it's not much work to pump out a cheese sauce. You also have the ability to alter the taste depending on which cheeses you utilize. Sometimes it can be made into an entirely different dish with a few added ingredients. I used Velveeta a lot but, you're quite right, the salt content is ridiculous. So I've opted to make my own sauce.

Yes it IS ridiculous, but if you know how to utilize the salt content where you don't need additional salt, it seems to work out just fine.
That is why I like to use it. It DOES make a very creamy & velvety smooth sauce! And you can also add veggies & ground meat to it, such as beef, pork, turkey or lamb, or any leftover cooked meat to it to help make it a even more delicious "one-pot meal!! :wink:

I made some more mac & cheese not too long ago. My brother tried some of it, and he liked it!
Came back from being out all day. Found out from his wife that he ate the rest of it! Gone baby, gone!! Hah!! :wink:

A twist and just as quick: Blue mac cheese: Boil macaroni. Melt blue cheese with cream in a saucepan. Pour over!

I had blue cheese for the first time Saturday evening!

I was at a banquet. The blue cheese was crumbled on top of the salad. It tasted pretty good with a hint of saltiness that I liked!! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom