• 1 large onion
  • 2 cloves garlic (optional)
  • 1 pound potatoes
  • 1 pound green beans, fresh, frozen or canned
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
  • salt and pepper
Container:: Large skillet with lid

Directions:
  • Heat oil in skillet. When hot, crumble in the ground beef.
  • Salt and pepper lightly and cook without stirring until meat browns a bit.
  • While meat cooks, chop onion (and garlic, if using). Add to skillet and stir in.
  • Peel or scrub potatoes. Cut in half the long way.
  • Put potatoes cut side down and slice thinly (or grate coarsely).
  • Prepare beans, if using fresh. If frozen or canned, just add to skillet along with potatoes.
  • Mix Worcestershire sauce with 1/2 cup water. Stir into skillet with ingredients, and cover.
  • Reduce heat to medium-low and cook until potatoes and beans are tender, about 15 - 20 minutes.
  • Taste for seasoning and serve hot.
PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 20 minutes
READY IN: 30 minute

quick_beef_veg_skillet.jpg

http://www.recipetips.com/recipe-cards/t--4122/quick-ground-beef-and-vegetable-skillet.asp

Last edited:
It is an easy recipe indeed but of course I never really stick to a recipe. I have not had ground beef what we call mince meet in a while. @morning glory, I too would add things to the recipe so you are not alone. Some sort of tomatoes or tomato paste would also be added besides my own choice of seasonings.

Even if you change to suit yourself and then take the credit for coming up with it.
Depends what you mean. If you use someone else's recipe and change it a bit you should (out of courtesy) cite the source. @SatNavSaysStraightOn often does that and so do I sometimes. For example: Baked Peppers with Confit Swede and Feta.
The main issue with copyright is simply posting a recipe verbatim from another source under your own name. Most people aren't trying to 'pass it off as their own' but simply forget or omit to add the source. But I do think its important. For one thing it can be confusing if you think a recipe is written by the person posting it when in fact it is from somewhere else. Anyway, I know you always cite your sources impeccably! :D

I am liking this recipe but I would add more spices to get the flavour that I like. I like the ingredients that are used. I like the one pan meals. They make things easier and are quick and easy to make up after a long day at work. I will be bookmarking this recipe to try sometime in the near future.

I am liking this recipe but I would add more spices to get the flavour that I like. I like the ingredients that are used. I like the one pan meals. They make things easier and are quick and easy to make up after a long day at work. I will be bookmarking this recipe to try sometime in the near future.

I too like one-pan meals and this one is definitely simple to follow. I would have to agree that adding a few more spices as well as some tomato sauce would help to add a bit more flavour to the overall dish. The tomato sauce would add some more colour too. I may even think of adding some sliced carrots.

It seems like it would be a little bland. But definitely a good idea if it were doctored up a bit! More Worchestershire and spices for sure! Maybe some tomatoes? I like the idea a lot!

It seems like it would be a little bland. But definitely a good idea if it were doctored up a bit! More Worchestershire and spices for sure! Maybe some tomatoes? I like the idea a lot!
I agree that's why we are going to spice it up some more...a lot more and we'll end up changing the colour.

I think it would taste like a bit like Hamburger Helper without all of the extra salt. I agree. I would probably put some extra spices in it though. I tend to
like my food a bit on the spicy side. You could also put some pepper and onion strips in there for a bit of extra nutrition, color and flavor.

That looks easy and promising! I will give it a try this week. However, I don't think I'll be able to find Worcestershire sauce, so I'll probably risk it and add whatever herbs and spices come to my mind together with some beef broth...

Back
Top Bottom