Recipe Salmon Cakes with Garlic Sauce

Morning Glory, that is SO kind of you....thanks everso...I couldn't possibly ask you to spend money on posting to me though. I really appreciate the offer,but I can order some myself (or use the copycat idea above). What a lovely forum :o)

Morning Glory, that is SO kind of you....thanks everso...I couldn't possibly ask you to spend money on posting to me though. I really appreciate the offer,but I can order some myself (or use the copycat idea above). What a lovely forum :o)

I'm glad you like or forum. The Old Bay is really quite interesting as a seasoning and having tasted it - I think it does go well with fish and seafood. :okay:

I'm going to be trying this tonight, and I just noticed something: the ingredients list only 1 cup of yoghurt - which says its for the sauce. But then step #3 mentions mixing the yoghurt in with the fishcake mix:
3. Chop bell pepper finely. Beat together egg, yogurt, hot sauce and mustard and blend with ingredients in the bowl.
Also, there are 4 tbsp of mayo in the ingredients but there's no mention where to add the mayo in the method.

Looking at the photo, it doesn't look like there's any yoghurt in the bowl (just mustard & what looks like mayo)....so I'm guessing that there's a typo in step #3 and where it says yoghurt it should say mayo?

I'm going to be trying this tonight, and I just noticed something: the ingredients list only 1 cup of yoghurt - which says its for the sauce. But then step #3 mentions mixing the yoghurt in with the fishcake mix:

Also, there are 4 tbsp of mayo in the ingredients but there's no mention where to add the mayo in the method.

Looking at the photo, it doesn't look like there's any yoghurt in the bowl (just mustard & what looks like mayo)....so I'm guessing that there's a typo in step #3 and where it says yoghurt it should say mayo?

Looks like that.

I'm going to be trying this tonight, and I just noticed something: the ingredients list only 1 cup of yoghurt

Yes...it’s a typo. Sorry about that! I think this happened because I do have plans of swapping out the mayo completely and using yogurt instead. But, I haven’t tried that yet. When I do, I’ll post the results!

Back
Top Bottom