Show me your breakfast (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all your meals and snacks included in the fare price?
Most all are. There are a couple of “premium” restaurants that aren’t, but the additional cost isn’t that much more.

It gets really confusing, which is why I’m glad my wife takes care of all this. The various drinks charges (from bottled water and pop right up to all the varieties of booze) can change considerably, depending on whether you bought a drinks package, which one you bought, or if you paid for a more “inclusive” package overall, or if you have some kind of status with the cruise line. It boggles my mind, but MrsT keeps it all straight.

Most all are. There are a couple of “premium” restaurants that aren’t, but the additional cost isn’t that much more.

It gets really confusing, which is why I’m glad my wife takes care of all this. The various drinks charges (from bottled water and pop right up to all the varieties of booze) can change considerably, depending on whether you bought a drinks package, which one you bought, or if you paid for a more “inclusive” package overall, or if you have some kind of status with the cruise line. It boggles my mind, but MrsT keeps it all straight.

My sister does two or three cruises a year, and done it for 20-something years. She is an expert.

That seems to be the thing these days, now that cruise ships have specialty restaurants, in addition to the included dining room meals. My sister has earned enough points to even get special suites, and access to special areas on a couple of cruise lines.

CD

Breakfast at the cafe this morning:

IMG_6354.jpeg
IMG_6355.jpeg
IMG_6356.jpeg
IMG_6358.jpeg

IMG_6400.jpeg
IMG_6401.jpeg
IMG_6402.jpeg

I also had the prunes (I love prunes!) and MrsT had the fruit.

I’d intended to get oatmeal, but I saw the special was huevos rancheros, so I got that out of curiosity. MrsT got the full English.

You can’t see it well in the pics, but the whites on those eggs were very snotty, but I always say, I’ll eat an egg any which way. Also not visible is the bed of salsa my eggs are on.

Nothing special, sort of a quick version of each.

MrsT ate the bacon and the mushrooms on hers. That was it. One thing everyone says about being on a cruise - there’s so much food and drink about, you’re never really hungry.

You get up, it’s morning, that means breakfast, but you’re still full from the night before, but you also want to try everything once, so down you go to breakfast, thinking you’ll just have the fruit, and then there’s a French toast bar or huevos rancheros. 🤷🏻

View attachment 106355
I’d intended to get oatmeal, but I saw the special was huevos rancheros, so I got that out of curiosity. MrsT got the full English.

You can’t see it well in the pics, but the whites on those eggs were very snotty, but I always say, I’ll eat an egg any which way. Also not visible is the bed of salsa my eggs are on.

Those are the weirdest looking Huevos Rancheros I have ever seen. :scratchhead:

CD

The food:

IMG_6516.jpeg

That’s a little quiche, some bacon, a tomato, and two kinds of salad. All very good.

IMG_6518.jpeg

That’s a full English breakfast. Yep.

IMG_6519.jpeg

A little decorative fruit salad, everything nice and ripe.

IMG_6520.jpeg

Very smooth and fresh-tasting yogurt.

IMG_6521.jpeg

Finally, a selection of pastries.

Also included was fresh-squeezed OJ, coffee, and a bottle of Prosecco.

The story:

The breakfast was supposed to include just the plate with the quiche, the fruit, the pastries, and the drinks. The plate with the quiche was supposed to have smoked salmon on it in place of the bacon, but we don’t like salmon.

MrsT called and asked about swapping something out for the salmon, like bacon, and at some point in the negotiations, the idea of just substituting a full English for the quiche-and-salmon was brought up, and MrsT said that yes, that would be fine instead, and she added toast for the full English and yogurt.

Well, they made all the substitutions, as you can see. We got the bacon with the quiche, we got the full English, along with the toast and yogurt!

The server who brought it all in, she even remarked, “You have a lot of items!” :laugh:

That’s a full English breakfast. Yep.
There are a lot of purists out there who would be horrified at what is served as a "Full English" these days. (Personally, I just care about a "Full stomach" :D :D)
Some would demand black pudding (blood sausage) to be present. I'd always thought of that as being a North England thing, although I might be wrong.
Others say hash browns have no place on a breakfast dish. Possibly, refried boiled or roast potatoes left over from the day before, but hash browns - that an American thing!
Baked beans is another thing. They only appeared in the UK in the late 1880s, but were adopted with unbelievable enthusiasm by the British public. These days, more than 2 million cans of beans are consumed EVERY DAY!
Toast, eggs, mushrooms and bacon have always been there.
Your plate is missing bangers. No bangers, no breakfast.:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom