Show me your breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tomorrow will be, greek style yogurt, raw thyme honey, raspberries and a banana

20190224_182757(1).jpg

I am looking for a recipe for cold porridge and fruit because I am getting bored. Jumbo oats soaked overnight in ?? Can I mix in chopped grapes and/or other fruits or will they go off?

I am looking for a recipe for cold porridge and fruit because I am getting bored. Jumbo oats soaked overnight in ?? Can I mix in chopped grapes and/or other fruits or will they go off?
I've soaked oats in yoghurt overnight without issue. It's really nice though it tends to thicken so a little milk in the morning is great. Fruit I typically leave until serving.

View attachment 28173 Brunch at 1 pm. Very nice. Pork n apple cider sausys fried bread and tomatoes. Free range eggs. Got a bit carried away with tomato sauce. Pic taken from phone to See if it's clearer.

Russ

That photo is much clearer than others you've posted. I am PM-ing you re getting better photos on the Galaxy S9 later.

I've soaked oats in yoghurt overnight without issue. It's really nice though it tends to thicken so a little milk in the morning is great. Fruit I typically leave until serving.

Spoke to a colleague today because she has done something similar at slimming world, she suggested frozen berries because as they thaw they release juice into the mixture. As I would only do it for me I would add fresh blueberries and maybe a drizzle of honey. Just want to do something different.

Spoke to a colleague today because she has done something similar at slimming world, she suggested frozen berries because as they thaw they release juice into the mixture. As I would only do it for me I would add fresh blueberries and maybe a drizzle of honey. Just want to do something different.
I use frozen berries as well but thaw them overnight in the fridge in a ramekin collecting all the juices until the morning to stir over it. Blueberries and any other fresh fruit needed to be just going past their best for my preference. The point where they are just releasing juice and a touch soft. It's why I got on b better with frozen fruit. I didn't need to take a fork to them that way.

I rarely eat breakfast. If I do it's usually a slice or two of toast.

However I always eat breakfast when at work on an early, I think starting my day at 4:15 to 4:30 a.m. tricks my body into wanting food as it thinks breakfast time is lunchtime.
The only other time I eat breakfast is when on holibobs, but what we do is fill up at breakfast in the hotel and either miss out lunch or have something really light to eat.
I am now trying to lose weight and watch what I eat a little more so will be trying to be more consistent in having something for brekkie in future.

I have ketchup in the house for three reasons. Jamie Oliver's black pork marinade, beef burgers and occasionally hot dogs.

Now make that four reasons - @epicuric 's bourbonless bourbon sauce.

Over here, ketchup on a hot dog is frowned upon if you are over ten years old. :rolleyes:

I only use ketchup on fries (chips). Never ketchup at breakfast.

CD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom