Street Food Eats - Views, What, Where ?

DITTO @CraigC

Food trucks are a big deal in many US metropolitan areas. They have to meet strict Board of Health standards. Most have a theme. It may be a cuisine of a particular country or region. Some offer very simple foods - tacos, or roll ups. Others offer food suitable for a fine dining restaurant. I have eaten at several here and in other cities. All have been very good, some spectacular.

DITTO @CraigC

Food trucks are a big deal in many US metropolitan areas. They have to meet strict Board of Health standards. Most have a theme. It may be a cuisine of a particular country or region. Some offer very simple foods - tacos, or roll ups. Others offer food suitable for a fine dining restaurant. I have eaten at several here and in other cities. All have been very good, some spectacular.

Wasn't sure which post you were referring to @ElizabethB - this one?

Sausages.........

AF sausages s.jpg

(Reminds me of "Brittas Empire" with the kid in the cupboard).

I was stationed at Kunsan AFB in South Korea from 1990-1991. We wouldn't often venture downtown to try the local cuisine. I love trying different foods. I fell in love with their soups. I thought I liked the store bought ramen noodle soup. When its loaded with their vegies, kimchee, ect....WOW.........We would also try different street vendor foods. Deep fried meat on a stick with spicy dipping sauces. Not sure what I was eating, but I do know that it was delicious.

My wife and I went to Toronto for our 10th anniversary. We spent a few nights in a five star hotel. We ate well, enjoyed the Phantom of the Opera. The best food that we ate was from a street vendor. We found this vendor that served sausages. He had over 50 items to choose from.

I fell in love with their soups. I thought I liked the store bought ramen noodle soup. When its loaded with their vegies, kimchee, ect....WOW.........We would also try different street vendor foods. Deep fried meat on a stick with spicy dipping sauces. Not sure what I was eating, but I do know that it was delicious.
Korean food has become very fashionable in recent years.

Not hot or even cooked food, but still sold by street vendors in Kabul in 1962. You may also just be able to see some bottles of drink on the left hand side.

img017 Kabul 1962sm.jpg

Back
Top Bottom