survey on meal kit industry - pls help us

bluecheese07

Local time
10:36 AM
Hi, we are a group of graduate students at Cornell. We are doing a market research on meal kit industry, and would like to perform a survey for feedback. Please help us finish our project. Thanks in advance!
Here is the link to the survey: https://weillcornell.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bKMdtlDvI6eLGQZ
The survey is generated from Qualtrics. It is completely anonymous, and it takes less than 1 min to finish (with only a few multiple choices).

Hi, we are a group of graduate students at Cornell. We are doing a market research on meal kit industry, and would like to perform a survey for feedback. Please help us finish our project. Thanks in advance!
Here is the link to the survey: https://weillcornell.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_bKMdtlDvI6eLGQZ
The survey is generated from Qualtrics. It is completely anonymous, and it takes less than 1 min to finish (with only a few multiple choices).
You wen't kidding on it being short. One page, four questions.

Agreed. I was expecting more! In the UK we have a lot of on-lne supermarket delivery services but they aren't 'meal kits' - they deliver all your food shopping which you order on-line. There are meal kit schemes here in the UK too, which seem to be doing quite well. They seem to be aimed at folk who are working full-time (mainly couples with no kids, it seems) and aimed at reducing food waste and/or easily prepared food.

We have bags delivered here as well, good for older folk but I prefer to call into my local supermarket normally every day. My tastes change all the time.

Russ

I signed up for on-line supermarket delivery when it first appeared here in the UK (around 1996 I think) - so I probably was a spring chicken then! Blimey - that is 22 years ago! I just hated trekking kids around the supermarket - and also the ridiculous process:
  1. You drive to supermarket
  2. You spend at least 20 mins (usually more) touring the supermarket to find what you need
  3. You put the stuff in your trolley
  4. You take it out and put it on the checkout
  5. You load it into bags and back into trolley
  6. You load the bags into the car
  7. You drive back home
  8. You take the bags out of the car and into the kitchen
  9. You unpack the bags and put stuff away
Now by my reckoning, on top of from travelling to and fro, this means you load and unload that shopping 6 times. Its madness!

With home delivery they bring it into your kitchen and unload it for you. I just put it away!

I'm out n about all the time with my work so from car park to supermarket a 30 sec walk. I know a lot of the people that work there. So I have chat while picking something to,cook. It's not a tedious thing but a wee pleasure to go there. Mind you it's a small mall I go to.

Russ
http://avonhead.co.nz/our-stores/
Our local supermarket (Tesco) is huge, or so I thought until I went to a Sainsbury's store 7 or 8 miles away. That is absolutely enormous, and yet there are still many things I like that you can't buy there. However, I get most of my food shopping from a farm about 230 miles away, and just get cat and dog food and non-food items from the supermarkets, as the difference in quality (and taste) is amazing. They could not deliver this week because they were snowed in, so I've ordered some organic food from Tesco, which will be delivered in a few hours time. Then I will see what the difference is - the supermarket has only recently started stocking much organic food.

Elawin, funny you should mention cat, my last one died about 10 years ago, then about a year ago I noticed a cat eating food scraps on my back lawn. I throw scraps out for the birds etc. so this cat starts turning up at the door at the back around 8.30 at night. Been here ever since at night for the food I now buy him every few days. I guess I'm a sucker.

I'm sure these delivery services have a place, but I will never be able to grasp the concept of someone else picking out meat, fish, veges, etc. for me. I actually like seeing what is available. We sometimes leave a meal open and choose at the store, especially when going to the whole sale and farmer's markets.

I'm sure these delivery services have a place, but I will never be able to grasp the concept of someone else picking out meat, fish, veges, etc. for me. I actually like seeing what is available. We sometimes leave a meal open and choose at the store, especially when going to the whole sale and farmer's markets.

I agree that is good to choose your own ingredients and I don't mind doing that sometimes if that is all I'm doing. But buying, toilet roll, cereals, rice, pasta, cleaning products and a myriad of other items in packets is much easier on line.

Plus at Ocado (on-line supermarket) I can obtain vegetables, fruit, meat and fish which are usually impossible to get from any other supermarket or market in this vicinity: Blood oranges, Jerusalem artichokes, salsify, Romanesco cauliflower, golden beetroot and candy beetroot, pink radiccio, purple carrots, black Iberico tomatoes etc.

What I really like is not having to cart bottles of beer back from remote places. Beer arrives, beer goes into cupboard. No aching body parts involved (well. apart from the poor fellow who delivered and is now laid up with a bad back).

Back
Top Bottom