Tea!

cefmac

Veteran
Local time
10:37 PM
Who here loves tea as much as I do? I guess I'm just a stereotypical Brit, but you just can't beat a hot cup of tea with milk - it tastes so nice and warming, and honestly, drinking it makes me feel calmer. Weird, I know! As well as standard "builder" tea, I also really like green tea and drink it regularly for its health benefits. I've tried lots of other types as well, including "green goddess" tea (which contains peppermint, nettle and fennel, I think), chamomile and spiced apple, and various flavours of Yogi Tea.

Who else is a tea fan?

I prefer herb infusions or Turkish Chai. personally the concept of tea with milk in it has never appealed even when I could tolerate milk. It is one of those really weird British things that I have never got the hang of, yet when travelling abroad chai or lemon tea etc depending on which country I am in, seem almost natural and appropriate, but British Tea with milk is something I have never got the hang of! Guess I am odd :laugh:

Yay, another tea addict.:D I can get through loads through the day if I'm left to my own devices. Currently drinking a decaffeinated blend called Clipper as it turns out I'm allergic to caffeine. Milk, no sugar thanks.:thumbsup:

Yay, another tea addict.:D I can get through loads through the day if I'm left to my own devices. Currently drinking a decaffeinated blend called Clipper as it turns out I'm allergic to caffeine. Milk, no sugar thanks.:thumbsup:

I love Clipper tea! I signed up to their mailing list a while back and they sent me loads of free samples in return. :D Milk and no sugar is how I take it too - I used to overload it with sugar but then for some reason, I just stopped. I can't imagine taking it any other way now! I do quite like having it without milk and with honey though, it's especially good for a sore throat.

We always drink tea at home regularly combining (green tea, ginseng tea, corn tea) concoction and it taste good. We had been doing this for a long time ago and it pays off and we does not get sick easily.

Haven't had tea in ages. I always took it without milk and with honey or sugar in the rare cases where I didn't have honey.
I guess I should start making it again, sometimes I feel like having a hot bevarage in the evening and coffee keeps me awake.

The best tea ever is from The Good Earth. You don't have to put sugar in this tea at all! It's the only tea I can say this about. The others require a lot of work to bring out their flavor.

Good-Earth-Coupon.jpg

The best tea ever is from The Good Earth. You don't have to put sugar in this tea at all! It's the only tea I can say this about. The others require a lot of work to bring out their flavor.

Good-Earth-Coupon.jpg
Nay lad, Yorkshire Tea is the one to beat.
Used to drink around the 7 gallons a day at one stage. Cutting back slowly though.
What you really need is one of these
Extra Large Cup.jpg

Last edited:
This thread has inspired me. Going to make a cup of English Breakfast Tea now. (not that it's anywhere close to breakfast time)

I love, love, love coffee, but now I love tea even more. It is just so much healthier for you. I love waking up to some yummy breakfast tea, having green and peach tea in the afternoon and drinking some more with dinner. It's yummy and my skin looks amazing now that I am drinking all of these antioxidants.

I pretty much quit drinking soda's all together about a year and a half ago, and have since switched to iced tea. I drink it pretty much all day now in place of coffee and soda. I like mine plain, no added sugar. Once in a while I will add a slice or two of lemon, but I don't put it in the pitcher because it kind of bleaches the tea and makes it look weak.

Prior to that, I was having problems with seizures since 2010. During those times, I was drinking a lot of diet soda - almost a case a day, and I had been doing so for nearly 15 years straight. Since I switched over to tea, I've been seizure free for two years now. It took a little getting used to at first, since soda was a bit of a palette cleanser for me - especially when eating rich foods like pizza. The carbonation and the acidity would cut through the starches and cheeses and grease. But now I prefer iced tea instead. Also, I've noticed my skin is a lot clearer as well.

One of the best benefits though is how much I am saving on it, vs. soda and coffee. I can make 6 pitchers of iced tea for only $1.50.

I love tea. I love both hot and iced tea. My favorite hot tea is a tie between Chai and Passion. My current brand is Tazo. I'm a big fan of Arizona's packaged iced green teas with various fruit flavorings.

Tea is a great relaxing drink for me, especially before I go to bed at night. I have had many teas and a few of my favourites are normal(what we call Rooibos tea), Green tea, Chai tea latte, that is really good for a bedtime drink. Tea is also a great alternative for me when I have had too much coffee or I am just not in the mood for coffee. Iced teas are really great too, especially on a really hot day, with a few blocks of ice equals instant cool.:cool:

I do! I honestly prefer coffee but am still a huge tea drinker. At any given time, I always have at least five different boxes of tea.. right now I have about 12 lol. I'm not a huge black tea fan (unless it's iced, then I love it), though. I definitely gravitate towards green and white teas with the occasional herbal. Right now I am obsessed with trader joe's candycane green tea. It's obviously seasonal but my mom bought a bunch of boxes in December and I'm slowly making my way through the boxes she gave me ;(

Back
Top Bottom