Tell us about your chopping boards

I have wood, bamboo, and plastic ( thick ones and thin flexible ones some with pictures of food such as poultry, fish and other meats) cutting boards in different sizes. But I find I use a food service tray with a lip around most often for things that give off liquid.

When I'm feeling lazy (which is quite often) I'll chop veg on my 'meat' board - but only if those veggies are going into the same dish as the meat and will be cooked long and at high heat, so mirepoix/soffrito as an example - no problemo - will chop that on the board before I start hacking some beef or chicken on it.

Salad and veg to be eaten raw or where the cooking will not be very long (e.g. stir fry) has its own dedicated board.

When I'm feeling lazy (which is quite often) I'll chop veg on my 'meat' board - but only if those veggies are going into the same dish as the meat and will be cooked long and at high heat, so mirepoix/soffrito as an example - no problemo - will chop that on the board before I start hacking some beef or chicken on it.

Salad and veg to be eaten raw or where the cooking will not be very long (e.g. stir fry) has its own dedicated board.

Good point. Cross-contamination isn't a big deal if you are doing a 3-hour braise with your meat and veggies.

CD

Back
Top Bottom