The Alphabet Game: Dishes using Za'atar

I did see dirty rice as being served in Jamaican cooking, but it did start as a creole/cajun thing. In that case, this one also might not count:

Escovitch Fish

IMG_0133.jpg

I thought that was Creole not Caribbean...

I did see dirty rice as being served in Jamaican cooking, but it did start as a creole/cajun thing. In that case, this one also might not count:

Jamaican dirty rice is pigeon peas, rice, coconut milk and various other things. We used to make that as part of a Caribbean lobster dish when we were SCUBA diving and had an over-abundance of lobster. Cajun (not Creole, as it is "country cooking") dirty rice has no beans, and is comprised of the "trinity," chicken livers, gizzards if you so choose, ground pork, and various other things.

Fried bake for F.

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

Kenkey...a fermented corn dumpling (wrapped in corn husks) that's Jamaican by way of Ghana.

I'm going to have to give this one a try sometime: it only has 5 ingredients (corn meal, corn starch, water, salt, corn husks), but there are a LOT of steps in the preparation.

Kenkey...a fermented corn dumpling (wrapped in corn husks) that's Jamaican by way of Ghana.

I'm going to have to give this one a try sometime: it only has 5 ingredients (corn meal, corn starch, water, salt, corn husks), but there are a LOT of steps in the preparation.

Very interesting. I've never heard of this on before.

Back
Top Bottom