The Alphabet Game: Dishes using Za'atar

I have not a clue from where quesadillas originated but this is one.

quesadilla 5 s.jpg

I have not a clue from where quesadillas originated but this is one.
The quesadilla originated in Mexico, which is indeed near the Caribbean, but is generally not considered part of the same culinary culture. My Dirty Rice was questioned because it's not technically from an island nation, too.
On the other hand, please do keep posting your quesadilla pictures...every time you do, you make me want to have a bite, even when I'm not:hyper: hungry!

There are recipes listed for Caribbean Quesadillas although I'm not sure if they are really Caribbean or simply a fusion of Caribbean jerk type filling in a Mexican Quesiadilla. Here is another Q

Quaalude (Jamaican cocktail)
Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 14.20.22.png

jq2.png

I don't suppose that salsa could be classed as Caribbean either?

Do you think I'm using too many chillis?

chillis s.jpg

Last edited:
Salsa originated in mesoamerica, but there are sauces from the Caribbean that are unique to some of the islands.

Stew Peas (Jamaican) which sounds delicious (it contains Scotch Bonnet which is another Caribbean 'S')

The stew is made using red beans, meat and is cooked an aromatic coconut milk broth with Jamaican spices and spinners (dumplings)

ip-jamaican-stew-peas-1.jpg

Stew Peas (Jamaican) which sounds delicious (it contains Scotch Bonnet which is another Caribbean 'S')

The stew is made using red beans, meat and is cooked an aromatic coconut milk broth with Jamaican spices and spinners (dumplings)

I presume that is not your image, MG.

Back
Top Bottom