The Alphabet Game: Dishes using Za'atar

OK - I have managed to finish what turned out to be the fiendishly difficult A to Z of South American food and drink. Thanks @CraigC ....:mad::laugh:

Can we come up with something a bit easier?

So far:
  • Alcoholic drinks
  • Vegetables
  • Spices
  • French
  • Mexican
  • Red food and drink
  • Desserts
  • Brands and manufacturers
  • White food and drink
  • Green vegetables
  • Italian food and drink
  • Bread
  • Potato types and dishes.
  • Fish and fish dishes
  • Indian dishes
  • Caribbean Food and Drink
  • Spanish food and drink
  • Cheeses
  • Sweets and Candies
  • Condiments
  • Cereals
  • South American Food and Drink.

Suggestions?

OK - I have managed to finish what turned out to be the fiendishly difficult A to Z of South American food and drink. Thanks @CraigC ....:mad::laugh:

Can we come up with something a bit easier?

So far:
  • Alcoholic drinks
  • Vegetables
  • Spices
  • French
  • Mexican
  • Red food and drink
  • Desserts
  • Brands and manufacturers
  • White food and drink
  • Green vegetables
  • Italian food and drink
  • Bread
  • Potato types and dishes.
  • Fish and fish dishes
  • Indian dishes
  • Caribbean Food and Drink
  • Spanish food and drink
  • Cheeses
  • Sweets and Candies
  • Condiments
  • Cereals
  • South American Food and Drink.

Suggestions?

:peekaboo: Chilis and salsas?

Sorry - I just googled so I stand corrected! There seem to be way more types of salsa than I ever realised!

Do you mean chillies as in types of chilli fruit (like jalapeno etc) or chillies as in the dish?

As in fresh or dried chilis not the numerous dishes called "chili". Most fresh chilis are called one thing and the dried version something else. The first I would lead off with is Ancho (dried version of the pablano)

Last edited:
As in fresh or dried chilis not the numerous dishes called "chili". Most fresh chilis are called one thing and the dried version something else. The first I would lead off with is Ancho (dried version of the pablano)

OK - off we go then!

Bhut Jolokia (Ghost peppers)

948378d6a67ac0d7c7c6728581b072ab.jpg

A fascinating 'H':

HJ8 Total Eclipse Space Chilli

SCOVILLE HEAT UNITS: 1,000 SHU
Since the mid 1980’s, China has been sending recoverable satellites into space on a 5 day orbit around Earth. Each trip, approximately 5000 seeds are sent along and are exposed to the zero gravity and cosmic radiation, then returned. Back on Earth, these seeds are then cultivated. Around 50 of each batch show positive signs of mutation. These are selected for a 3-5 year program of cultivation and field testing and selection until those with the best properties are ready for sale. The seeds tend to have a high disease resistance, be more nutritious and give a much higher yield.

fb5c27012bf7bd2b528a5fe03304bd91.jpg

Back
Top Bottom