The CookingBites recipe challenge: mayonnaise

Here’s another one from me: Apple-cranberry winter salad with maple-buttermilk dressing
IMG_8564.jpeg

Mexican-Style Corn-Kernel Bake

IMG_3476.JPG

I shared a good portion of this dish with Mr&Mrs Next Door Neighbors, they were in love.
I gotta say, theirs came out prettier for the glam shot 📸
I have to break my arm, patting myself on the back, this was DAMN DELICIOUS!!!
When we lived in Southern Arizona, you'd see carts selling Street Corn all over ... I never tried it.
I'll definitely make this again, but for just me next time.
DH saw the jar of Mayonnaise out on the kitchen counter and ran! :laugh:

Hello all.

We don’t buy Mayo (may un ayse) except Yuzu Kewpie for certain things because we make 1 minute Mayo with various inclusions. I think it’s probably the condiment we use the most of.

Does caesar dressing count? We generally make a whole egg 1 minute Mayo with lemon juice, garlic & anchovy.

Hello all.

We don’t buy Mayo (may un ayse) except Yuzu Kewpie for certain things because we make 1 minute Mayo with various inclusions. I think it’s probably the condiment we use the most of.

Does caesar dressing count? We generally make a whole egg 1 minute Mayo with lemon juice, garlic & anchovy.
That's how I say it also.

Deadline has been extended to Wednesday 27 December, midnight GMT.

I now expect everyone’s Christmas Day menus to be mayonnaise-centric!

Well, I have one simple recipe which I made before I became immobilised so I will make every effort to post it before the deadline.

Dill Pickle Relish Deviled Eggs

IMG_3494.JPG

I had a Neighborhood Gal Pals Christmas Eve Card Afternoon, and as I usually do, I had to take some snacks to share with the class :hug:
Our one Gal Pal has been strictly adhering to a Keto Diet, so ...

Spicy Mayo Tuna Onigiri

IMG_3511.JPG

I always have leftover cooked White Rice in the refrigerator, not to mention all of the above ingredients, well, maybe not the Kewpie, any Mayonnaise will do.
Onigiri is a Japanese-style dish or snack. Basically it's a Rice Ball. They can be filled, or not, with a multitude of fillings. I have been wanting to make this particular snack for Mister Next Door Neighbor, who says that he loves sushi. Onigiri is a type of sushi.
You'll find all sorts of different sushi available in Hawaii, where I'm from.
Believe it or not, I've never made this kind before. When we lived in Hawaii, I didn't need to learn how to make alot of "local-style" dishes, I'd just go out and buy it - CHEAP!

IMG_3526.JPG

I packaged up three of the cuties and took them next door.

IMG_3529.JPG

I gotta tell y'all, this is stinkin' GOOD!!!

I have oodles of the "Tuna Salad" leftover, so ...

IMG_3527.JPG

DH says, "that would be really good on crackers too!" GENIUS!

IMG_3528.JPG

Snack #2 ... ONO!!! (that's Hawaiian for delicious)

Back
Top Bottom