The CookingBites recipe challenge: mayonnaise

TastyReuben

Nosh 'n' Splosh
Staff member
Local time
5:40 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites recipe challenge. The current challenge ingredient is mayonnaise* and TastyReuben is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe** which uses mayonnaise, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge. You may post up to 6 entries. Deadline: midnight (close of day) Wednesday 27th December UK time (GMT). Detailed challenge rules can be found here.

* traditional mayonnaise and vegetarian/vegan alternatives are acceptable, homemade or shop-bought. Recipes for mayonnaise (meaning without using it as an ingredient in something else) are also welcome. Please, no substitutes such as Miracle Whip, salad cream, etc.
** recipes must be posted within the time frame of the challenge but could be recipes you have made in the past, so long as they haven't already been posted on the forum as a recipe thread.

I've already got three ideas written down, now let's see if I can find the time to make them
As DH DETESTS mayonnaise in any way, shape or form, I interviewed Mr&Mrs Next Door Neighbors as to how they would take to what I have in mind ... I got mixed reviews, so ... LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

Last edited:
I'm searching the most obscure and twisted corners of my mind to come up with a mayonnaise cocktail... :hyper: :hyper:
I knew somebody would try. Will be interesting to see if you or anyone else comes up with something that is drinkable.

I think we should challenge TastyReuben to come up with a drink even though he is the judge. :D

I think we should challenge @TastyReuben to come up with a drink even though he is the judge. :D
As someone who actually loves mayonnaise more than he loves most people, I can’t think of anything better right now than a nice, cool, refreshing glass of…a buttermilk-mayonnaise martini?! :laugh:

Recipe - Roasted Vegetable Mayo

2020-05-05 18.20.01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom