The CookingBites recipe challenge: minced/ground meat or fish (or meat alternative)

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
11:00 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites recipe challenge. The current challenge ingredient is minced/ground meat* and kaneohegirlinaz is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe** which uses minced/ground meat or fish or vegan/vegetarian alternative, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

You may post up to 6 entries. Deadline: midnight Tuesday 5th July (GMT+1). Detailed challenge rules can be found here.

* any meat including beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, pork, fish or vegan/vegetarian alternatives
** recipes must be posted within the time frame of the current challenge.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great choice! I have one recipe left over from the Pork challenge that I didn't get around to that'll work for this, and I have a July 4th recipe that'll work - I'll just make it a bit sooner than that and freeze it for the 4th.

Great choice! I have one recipe left over from the Pork challenge that I didn't get around to that'll work for this, and I have a July 4th recipe that'll work - I'll just make it a bit sooner than that and freeze it for the 4th.

Should we extend the deadline to accommodate July 4th? I mean, would that be better for most people?

Should we extend the deadline to accommodate July 4th? I mean, would that be better for most people?
Well, the 4th is a big food holiday here, so there's that, but it's a lot of picnic foods, which may or may not encompass ground meat. I think sticking it out a day certainly wouldn't hurt, and might get a few more entries, as long as kaneohegirlinaz is ok with it.

Well, the 4th is a big food holiday here, so there's that, but it's a lot of picnic foods, which may or may not encompass ground meat. I think sticking it out a day certainly wouldn't hurt, and might get a few more entries, as long as kaneohegirlinaz is ok with it.

What do you think kaneohegirlinaz? Should we extend the deadline to July 5th?

I think I'd agree with TastyReuben the Fourth of July, Independence Day here in the US is a pretty big food day.
So I say yes to this challenge ending as of 7/4/22

Welcome to the CookingBites recipe challenge. The current challenge ingredient is minced/ground meat* and kaneohegirlinaz is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe** which uses minced/ground meat or vegan/vegetarian alternative, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge.

You may post up to 6 entries. Deadline: midnight Sunday 3rd July (GMT+1). Detailed challenge rules can be found here.

* any meat including beef, lamb, chicken, turkey, pork or vegan/vegetarian alternatives
** recipes must be posted within the time frame of the current challenge.
I thought quite a bit on this challenge actually.
I looked through past ingredients and had a few ideas:
Bar-b-que sauce
Hotdogs
AND
Spam®
But I thought that I needed to keep in mind that this is an International community.
I feel that all sorts of mince/ground meats and their plant-based counter parts would work all the way around.
I look forward to drooling over all of your recipes :hungry:

Well, 4th of July weekend is celebrated all weekend long, Friday 7/1 to Monday 7/4, so those of us in the US are busy the whole weekend generally. My middle stepdaughter and her husband and kids are visiting from Texas (arriving tonight) until the 26th of June and I won't have time to enter anything until probably the weekend after the 4th, which is the 8th-10th. Oh well, last couple of challenges haven't worked out for me to be able to enter anything, mostly because of work. Guess I will skip another one.

Back
Top Bottom