The CookingBites recipe challenge: pineapple

Morning Glory

Obsessive cook
Staff member
Local time
8:18 PM
Welcome to the CookingBites recipe challenge. The current challenge ingredient is pineapple (and/or pineapple juice) and Morning Glory is our judge. To enter, all you need to do is post a recipe* which uses pineapple, tag it cookingbites recipe challenge and post a link to it in this thread. The winner becomes the judge for the next challenge. You may post up to 6 entries. Deadline: midnight (close of day) Sunday 23rd July UK time (GMT). Detailed challenge rules can be found here.

* recipes must be posted within the time frame of the challenge but could be recipes you have made in the past, so long as they haven't already been posted on the forum as a recipe thread.

Last edited:
Please feel free to use tinned pineapple if you wish. Its a good product. Pineapple is a versatile fruit and can be used in many dishes, sweet or savoury, and of course cocktails. Chutneys, pickles, cakes, muffins, marinades, kebabs...

And I happen to like pineapple on pizza. So if anyone cares to...

Please feel free to use tinned pineapple if you wish. Its a good product. Pineapple is a versatile fruit and can be used in many dishes, sweet or savoury, and of course cocktails. Chutneys, pickles, cakes, muffins, marinades, kebabs...

And I happen to like pineapple on pizza. So if anyone cares to...

If you like pineapple on pizza, I don't think I can cook for your tastes. :smug:

CD :D

Pineapples are part of the Bromeliad family, native to South and North tropical America. supermarket pineapples regularly weigh 1- 1 1/2 kgs, and if they come from the Andes, maybe even more. They're intensely sweet, but with a wonderful acidity. Here they're mostly used for desserts rather than entrees, which is a shame, because pineapple & savoury go really well together.
Here's a photo of a variegated (inedible) pineapple plant from my garden:

Pina.jpg

Not an entry, because it was entered before (probably for a ginger challenge), but this was really fun to make:

I'm so sorry to hear that you injured your, ahem, "pineapple". I just hope the recovery is a swift one. Not sure how that picture got past the content blockers.

Oh...never mind. You posted a picture of a gingered pineapple.

Back
Top Bottom