The CookingBites recipe challenge: pineapple

Right! I had an idea which I ran past MG, but it was a bit too vague, so I'm going with one of my favourite vegetables:
AUBERGINES! (EGGPLANT)
Highly versatile and available all across the world, I believe. We're accustomed to seeing purple ones, with the occasional white one, but in SE Asia, there are a whole load of other varieties; some green, some white, some the size of peas. I'm sure Yorky could dig up some photos from his evening markets.

Oh boy…this will be a challenge indeed, as I’ve never eaten or cooked eggplant. As soon as I found out no eggs were involved, I felt deceived and vowed never to give one the satisfaction of being prepared in my kitchen or consumed by me.

I suppose this means a truce is called for.

Oh boy…this will be a challenge indeed, as I’ve never eaten or cooked eggplant. As soon as I found out no eggs were involved, I felt deceived and vowed never to give one the satisfaction of being prepared in my kitchen or consumed by me.

I suppose this means a truce is called for.
I've eaten them several times and they're not for me. Hubby doesn't like them either, so sitting this one out.

I get a month off, too. I've never liked eggplant. But, it should be a good ingredient for a challenge.

CD

I've eaten them several times and they're not for me.
I get a month off, too. I've never liked eggplant
Give them a go. Haven't you tried Georgian Stuffed Eggplant? Or Fuschia Dunlop's Fish Fragrant Eggplant ? Or Spanish deep-fried eggplant with honey? Or South Indian eggplant with coconut, mustard seeds and peppers? Ahhh! :cool: :cool:

Give them a go. Haven't you tried Georgian Stuffed Eggplant? Or Fuschia Dunlop's Fish Fragrant Eggplant ? Or Spanish deep-fried eggplant with honey? Or South Indian eggplant with coconut, mustard seeds and peppers? Ahhh! :cool: :cool:
Thanks for the suggestions, but that's kind of out of my wheelhouse. It's not just the flavor, I don't like the texture. I have only tried it fried and baked. There isn't enough marinara and cheese in the world to make me like it, so no eggplant parm for me for sure.

Edit: just googled Georgian stuffed eggplant and it has walnuts in it? BLECH. We just have different tastes, you and I.

Eggplant moussaka, baba ghanoush and well seasoned grilled egplant are my favorites. Haven't tried any of karadekoolaid's suggestions, but they all sound amazing. There're even people out there eating eggplant ice cream

Well...this challenge ended just in the nick of time. Pepsi and Little Caesar's Pizza just began a campaign involving a pineapple-flavored Pepsi sold with a pineapple pizza:

Pepsi unveils exclusive pineapple flavor at Little Caesars

I wonder if someone who works for those mega-corporations saw the recipe challenge and got the idea? I'm sure that's what happened, since the Challenge started before the commercial debuted.

Back
Top Bottom